Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Are there any details of Queen's cause of death?
1  2  3  Next

Mevater

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 10:39 am
Did she suffer a heart attack? What else could have killed her, even at 96, if she was fulfilling her Queenly duties, this week? Why are there no details offered? Doesnt the public want to know?

"Her Majesty “died peacefully” at 96 in Scotland on Thursday — just 48 hours after publicly appointing Liz Truss the new Prime Minister of Britain."

https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/.....-end/

zoom

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:12 pm
I dont know if wel ever know, nor exact time she died tbh. ..

My daughter came home from school saying the" queen was ill when she saw the Pm, she had black hands".

Sure enough when I checked the pictures, they did look a bit black.
Dont know what that means..

they were more like purple, maybe from veins bruising etc

Last edited by zoom on Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:16 pm
Keep in mind, she was 96. Whatever specifically shutdown, etc., was probably in the normal course of the body aging and shutting down without any major condition.

Mevater

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:31 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Keep in mind, she was 96. Whatever specifically shutdown, etc., was probably in the normal course of the body aging and shutting down without any major condition.

Even at 96, I think its unusual to go from standing on her feet and working to dead, in 2 days, without a sudden heart attack, or stroke, or fall.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:50 pm
Mevater wrote:
Even at 96, I think its unusual to go from standing on her feet and working to dead, in 2 days, without a sudden heart attack, or stroke, or fall.

She was walking with a cane publicly and often was not showing up in person to events, or needing to rest in between in person engagements for a day to a week increasingly over the last year. The fact she was working from Balmoral to send off and welcome the PMs in transition, etc. was not surprising to me.

Amarante

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 12:57 pm
I think she died of *normal* old age

My grandfather died when he was 99 and died of "old age" although towards the end his organs - principally his heart and kidneys - had to be monitored because it is a balancing between avoiding strain on the heart and not harming the kidneys.

Maybe the Queen had a stroke or heart attack that brought on the final days. I would assume that at her age she would have had a DNR order and so her *life* wouldn't have been prolonged with invasive procedures to just keep her breathing as a vegetable. Most people of that age don't want heroic measures and the most important thing for them is to die peacefully and with dignity - and she appears to have had as good a death as anyone could hope for.

There were a few days when he went into a real decline when he no longer ate and was not really conscious of the surroundings but that was a very few days and until that point he was lucid and probably would have appeared much like the Queen - I.e able to stand for brief periods of time when the help of a cane for support.

I am sure the last months of the Queen's life were not very active as she had pulled back from public appearances except the very minimal where she made appearances on balconies for several months.

The Queen also would have had the benefit of having medical staff available to treat her in her home. My grandfather in his last year or so had to go to the hospital on a regular basis but that was because he had issues that could have easily been treated in his home if he were wealthy enough to have that kind of care in one's home. He did need a 24/7 caretaker for his safety and comfort but the Queen would have had that anyway with her staff

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 1:13 pm
I'm not really sure why we need details of exactly how a 96 year old died (though I'm sure it'll come out in due time). If a 25 year old suddenly dropped dead, we'd all be curious about the unusual circumstances, but does it really matter exactly what part of her body failed or shut down in her very old age? If c'v a Jew died and people were clamoring to find out "what happened??" we would all rightfully say it's disrespectful to demand such details.

The fact that she was standing the day before isn't very atypical. My mind goes to Carl Reiner who recently died peacefully at 98 the day after attending his best friend Mel Brooks's birthday dinner seeming in good spirits.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 1:15 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
I'm not really sure why we need details of exactly how a 96 year old died (though I'm sure it'll come out in due time). If a 25 year old suddenly dropped dead, we'd all be curious about the unusual circumstances, but does it really matter exactly what part of her body failed or shut down in her very old age? If c'v a Jew died and people were clamoring to find out "what happened??" we would all rightfully say it's disrespectful to demand such details.

The fact that she was standing the day before isn't very atypical. My mind goes to Carl Reiner who recently died peacefully at 98 the day after attending his best friend Mel Brooks's birthday dinner seeming in good spirits.

This is how I feel

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 2:11 pm
Two possibilities.
Misas neshika.
The butler did it.

agreer

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 2:15 pm
My 95 year old grandmother literally dropped dead from one day to the next.

On Tuesday, she had her grandchildren visit, took pics smiling and looking like a perfectly healthy 95 year old.

The next day, she called her son that she didn't feel well. They called Hatzalah. By the time they came, she was gone.

B"H.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 4:14 pm
Mevater wrote:
Did she suffer a heart attack? What else could have killed her, even at 96, if she was fulfilling her Queenly duties, this week? Why are there no details offered? Doesnt the public want to know?

"Her Majesty “died peacefully” at 96 in Scotland on Thursday — just 48 hours after publicly appointing Liz Truss the new Prime Minister of Britain."

https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/.....-end/
They may want to know, but why do they NEED to know?
And cant a 96 year old, no matter how famous she was, die peacefully without having to give the world the reason she died?
Its nobody's business and nobody has a right to know. I mean, why the need to know. She was an old lady. Her body expired. Ze Hu. After a long life of service to her country.

Chickensoupprof

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 5:04 pm
Golly, that woman was 96, could it be the age or do people just want to make a conspiracy by every death they hear?

mfb

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 8:54 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Golly, that woman was 96, could it be the age or do people just want to make a conspiracy by every death they hear?

Age is not a cause.
Something has to happen for someone to die.
A heart attack, stroke, other organs shutting down….
So people are curious which one it is.

SYA

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 10:11 pm
My grandmother passed away at 95. The day before she was looking pale so her doctor sent her to the ER to run tests which all came back ok. The Dr saw her in the afternoon and said she seems well so they’ll monitor overnight and release her the next morning. Later that night she called her children to come. As soon as they came her heart stopped. It was a shock to all.

Java

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 10:12 pm
mfb wrote:
Age is not a cause.

And it matters because?

Java

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 10:13 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Two possibilities.
Misas neshika.
The butler did it.

Yep. In the pantry with the candlesticks

Amarante

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 10:22 pm
mfb wrote:
Age is not a cause.

I think you are really arguing with semantics.

When people get to be this old all of their organs are frail - their hearts aren't pumping strongly so their lungs get congested with fluids. Their kidneys are declining and so it is a delicate balance of trying to keep everything *going* as well as possible without using very invasive procedures.

They haven't die of cancer - or pneumonia - or any specific disease. Sometimes they go very suddenly like some of the imamothers have posted. With my grandfather he declined for a few days - probably much like the Queen and his body just shut down - he withdrew - didn't want to eat or drink and just slept almost all the time for a few days. It was clear the end was near.

He didn't die of a specific cause - when all of the organs "shut down" when you are 96 or 99 - people say you have died of "old age" because there wasn't a specific disease.

My grandmother died very suddenly in her sleep. She had literally just returned from a trip to Europe and was spending the night with my aunt in Queens who lived near the airport. My grandfather found her dead in bed when he woke up. Now whether she died of a heart attack or a stroke who knows but she died very peacefully without pain or suffering and was obviously relatively spry for an 80 year old woman since she had just spent two weeks touring Europe.

mfb

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 10:37 pm
Java wrote:
And it matters because?

Did I say it matters????
I specifically wrote that people are CURIOUS!
Especially when we saw her looking pretty ok 2 days before.

pause

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 10:44 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Two possibilities.
Misas neshika.
The butler did it.

In the billiard room.

With a candlestick.

pause

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 10:44 pm
Java wrote:
Yep. In the pantry with the candlesticks