Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Poll: What would u think if a child wears this for weekday?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Would you think its weird for a kid to wear this for weekday?
It's ok for weekday  
 30%  [ 25 ]
It's total shabbos  
 69%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 83

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:33 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Where are you buying it from? Ali?

Just asking out of curiousity Smile

But, in answer to your question. Theoretically it can be okay for either, I don't actually think it looks so dressy and Shabbosdik. But, if many others in your community are wearing it for Shabbos, I probably wouldn't put it on for weekday.

It's from alivibes (which links to ali).
Thanks for your response

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:34 pm
amother Bone wrote:
You can get way cuter things for weekday from other places that aren’t a ripped off copy of something.

And I think this is cuter

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:51 pm
amother Amaranthus wrote:
I’d think it’s a fugly dress. Why oh why are little girls wearing brown and beige and taupe? Not my little girl, that’s for sure

I don't think it's "fugly", whatever that means... I like the dress. It looks more like rust to me, but I'm fine with brown, beige and taupe too. For people that think this dress is not fugly and would dress their girls in this color, would you use it for weekday or only shabbos?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 11:59 pm
I like it for nicer weekday. Wouldn't send to school in it but would do a bris, upshern, Chol Hamoed.
I don't think it's shabbosdik

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:05 am
To me it would look like you got it from ali Very Happy

amother
Mocha

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:11 am
amother Taupe wrote:
Which store has if for $140

Off topic, but how do you find the exact same thing or similar from the Jewish stores on AliExpress?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:12 am
amother Mocha wrote:
Off topic, but how do you find the exact same thing or similar from the Jewish stores on AliExpress?

Through alivibes. She only posts stuff that they sell in Jewish stores. Do you think it's shabbos or weekday though?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:42 am
I think it's a disservice to use it vochan. If stores sell it as shabbos with a price tag for Shabbos people spending original price will surely use it shabbos only to find out Ali buyers use it for vochan. You wanna wear a copy fine! At least make it seem you spent the money

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:44 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I think it's a disservice to use it vochan. If stores sell it as shabbos with a price tag for Shabbos people spending original price will surely use it shabbos only to find out Ali buyers use it for vochan. You wanna wear a copy fine! At least make it seem you spent the money

ok. you definitely have a point...

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:45 am
I keep seeing threads promoting alivibes specifically. There are so many other sites no mention. It seems to me like advertisement. Prove me otherwise

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:46 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
I keep seeing threads promoting alivibes specifically. There are so many other sites no mention. It seems to me like advertisement. Prove me otherwise

ouch, it must be me... I do most of my shopping on that site (b/c I want to buy what's in, but still affordable) and I have a lotttt of questions. I opened a thread about almost each outfit I considered... Sorry if it bothers you.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:50 am
amother OP wrote:
ouch, it must be me... I practically only shop on their site (b/c I want to buy what's in, but still affordable) and I have a lotttt of questions. I opened a thread about almost each outfit I considered... Sorry if it bothers you.

No bother. Just had me thinking. Same stuff are also on so many other sites it just seemed weird to me... If it's all one poster it's making more sense now.

familyfirst

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:50 am
Where can I find a link to alivibes? Is that Instagram?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:51 am
familyfirst wrote:
Where can I find a link to alivibes? Is that Instagram?

https://www.alivibes.com/

OMG!

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:56 am
I’m very curious what dress you’re talking about. The picture does not open. Can you please share link?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:57 am
OMG! wrote:
I’m very curious what dress you’re talking about. The picture does not open. Can you please share link?

It's the first dress on alivibes. https://www.alivibes.com/
It's a rust color corduroy louisiella dress with a bit of smocking and a small lace collar.

https://www.louisiella-shop.co.....dress

OMG!

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 1:15 am
amother OP wrote:
It's the first dress on alivibes. https://www.alivibes.com/
It's a rust color corduroy louisiella dress with a bit of smocking and a small lace collar.

https://www.louisiella-shop.co.....dress

I think it’s adorable. How old is this child? Little girl I would wear for shabbos. It’s too fine for school. I like more fun for weekday. Bit older girls like 8 and up can use this for weekday. Enjoy it in good health!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 1:17 am
amother OP wrote:
This dress costs $140 in the store and the shirt costs over $90, so I'm assuming people will be wearing it for shabbos. However, if I can buy this dress for $30 and shirt for $20, I would rather use it for weekday. Question is if it's too dressed up for weekday?
Any thoughts from fashionistes, moms or preschool morahs?

I would think the mother is too concerned with showing off

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 1:20 am
Since when is corduroy considered Shabbosdik?

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 1:28 am
Definitely shabbos.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics