Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Poll: What would u think if a child wears this for weekday?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Would you think its weird for a kid to wear this for weekday?
It's ok for weekday  
 30%  [ 25 ]
It's total shabbos  
 69%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 83

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 9:43 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
Just make a decision and own it already. You’d think this was an earthshaking life event. It’s a toddler dress

just curious why you think it was an earthshaking life event for me. Just wanted to hear people's opinions... lol

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 10:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
This dress costs $140 in the store and the shirt costs over $90, so I'm assuming people will be wearing it for shabbos. However, if I can buy this dress for $30 and shirt for $20, I would rather use it for weekday. Question is if it's too dressed up for weekday?
Any thoughts from fashionistes, moms or preschool morahs?

https://m.shein.com/us/Toddler.....94864

https://m.shein.com/us/Toddler.....t=mus

https://m.shein.com/us/Girls-R.....t=mus

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 10:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
no one cares, but I do. It's been a day. I asked about this less than 24 hours ago.

I stand corrected about the timing ( the other very similar thread on friday got me confused). However you don't seem to understand that we're trying to help you, & instead are responding quite rudely. I understand you don't want opinions other than weekday/ shabbos but sheesh we can have a conversation.

lucky14

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 11:21 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
https://m.shein.com/us/Toddler-Girls-Ditsy-Floral-Ruffle-Trim-Flounce-Sleeve-Corduroy-Dress-p-3510818-cat-2065.html?scici=Search~~EditSearch~~1~~Girls%20corduroy%20Dress~~~~0&mallCode=1&src_module=search&src_identifier=st%3D2%60sc%3DGirls%20corduroy%20Dress%60sr%3D0%60ps%3D0&src_tab_page_id=page_pre_search1662948194864

https://m.shein.com/us/Toddler.....t=mus

https://m.shein.com/us/Girls-R.....t=mus

That heart one is adorable.

justforfun87

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 11:29 pm
amother Bone wrote:
I know this is not the point of this thread but imagine if you created a clothing company and worked really hard on designing clothing. And then someone on Ali copies your designs down to the last detail and sells it at a fifth of the price. It’s not right.

If you couldn’t afford nice Shabbos clothing for your kids and you want them to fit in then I would be less judgemental about you buying copies. But to buy a 30$ copy just because you like it when you could easily get a really cute 20$ Zara weekday dress is not okay.

Is this a joke? You think because people weren't suckered into getting ripped off they should leave it to the rich kids to wear? You do realize the biggest suckers are the moms paying 140 dollars for an outfit that costs the store probably 20 dollars?

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 11:36 pm
OMG! wrote:
I think it’s adorable. How old is this child? Little girl I would wear for shabbos. It’s too fine for school. I like more fun for weekday. Bit older girls like 8 and up can use this for weekday. Enjoy it in good health!

I think it also depends where you are located and what school she goes to.

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 11:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's the first dress on alivibes. https://www.alivibes.com/
It's a rust color corduroy louisiella dress with a bit of smocking and a small lace collar.

https://www.louisiella-shop.co.....dress

The picture is the exact same on both sites.
The color and design might be different when it arrives, since they clearly didn’t take a picture of their own product.

creditcards

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 11:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
exactly and that's not the reason I would buy it. I want it because I like it. but I want it for weekday and don't wanna be weird BECAUSE IT HAS A $140 PRICE TAG.
More opinions welcome. Is it weekday or shabbos in your opinion

I'm a playgroup morah too. And usually I see a few kids wearing something and I say, oh so this is what ali is selling now...do you really think you will be the only one buying it for $30? Many times I went and ordered the same for my kid.

Goldie613

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 11:48 pm
I think so much of this depends on the neighborhood.

I was in Boro Park years ago and I remember thinking that what they were wearing for weekday clothes would be considered shabbosdik in my neighborhood, and what they were wearing for Shabbos my neck of the woods would have worn for Yom Tov (meaning, fancier than Shabbos, but not part of a wedding fancy).

In your neighborhood, what do the kids wear on weekdays and what do they wear on Shabbos? If you can post a link for an example of each, we may be able to better guide you.

imaima

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 2:22 am
amother OP wrote:
Because I care. It makes me smile when my kids look cute. If you don't like it, skip it.

Usually when you care so much, you know what you like, you buy it and you don’t start any threads. And if other people ask why your kid os wearing shabbosdik on a weekday or the other way around, then you say exactly this: I like when my kids look cute.

creditcards

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 8:12 am
imaima wrote:
Usually when you care so much, you know what you like, you buy it and you don’t start any threads. And if other people ask why your kid os wearing shabbosdik on a weekday or the other way around, then you say exactly this: I like when my kids look cute.

I guess ou never tried out how low self confidence/self esteem feels like. I can totally relate to OP.
I also love when my kids look cute but I have messed up in the past and didn't feel comfortable with people's comments so I do
understand the anxiety of making sure your kids look normal.

imaima

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 8:16 am
creditcards wrote:
I guess ou never tried out how low self confidence/self esteem feels like. I can totally relate to OP.
I also love when my kids look cute but I have messed up in the past and didn't feel comfortable with people's comments so I do
understand the anxiety of making sure your kids look normal.

I guess you are right

How can you mess up in the kids clothes department? Stylewise?

On a different note people shouldn’t comment of course

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 1:41 pm
imaima wrote:
I guess you are right

You're so right. But I guess that's probably where it's coming from. People have asked me already why I send my kids to school with shabbos clothes or if I dress my kids super early on friday in prep of shabbos... so yeah... I think I'm not buying the outfit in the end. Thanks all for your help

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 1:56 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
Is this a joke? You think because people weren't suckered into getting ripped off they should leave it to the rich kids to wear? You do realize the biggest suckers are the moms paying 140 dollars for an outfit that costs the store probably 20 dollars?

The fact that people spend a ridiculous amount of money on their kids clothes is irrelevant. Buying a dress that is detail for detail an exact copy of someone else’s design- down to the fake label and tag, is stealing. It’s not like there are no other options. You can get very cute clothes for your kids that aren’t knock offs.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 2:04 pm
If you need one dressy weekday or chilled Shabbos outfit then this is an excellent choice. Chol hamoed, bris, bas mitzva ect or a Shabbos where it’s too cold to go anywhere and you stay in all day.

4g01o

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 2:21 pm
I'd think that you're maybe chassidish?
It's shabbosdik material, and design.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 3:53 pm
Cute kids don't need cute clothes Wink

amother
Iris

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 4:25 pm
imaima wrote:
I guess you are right

Not at this age perhaps, but if you mess up at older ages you have to worry about kids sticking out like a sore thumb at school, and hoping none of the other kids give them a hard time.

Actually had this with one of mine - one of my kids were getting older, styles had changed, the school had a dress code but no uniform (and we were meeting the dress code), and one of the ladies who worked at the school pointed out to me that we were dressing him a bit "off" from the others. LOL, I basically had to ask her what I was doing wrong - once she pointed it out we were ok, but yes, it's a thing.

I don't recall off hand what we were doing off, vague recollection is that since the boys had to wear collared shirts and slacks I was dressing him in much older styles, things that were too formal and old fashioned for that age.

(And before anyone asks, it wasn't a new brand name items vs hand me down thing, I just didn't know any better! And, yes, I appreciated the woman's help - I'd rather hear it from her than have my son hear it from another kid).

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 4:50 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
The question is, is the one on Ali a copy or are the Jewish stores buying cheap Ali dresses and selling them for $140?

If it's the latter, it's the stores doing the disservice, noone else.

"Compare at" does not mean that this dress has ever been sold at that inflated price, or even that it is available anywhere other than Ali.

The only thing that says "shabbat" or even "anything more than Target" about this dress is the smocking. While its difficult to judge fabric from a photo, this looks like cheap, well, Ali fabric.
IMNSHO, its fine for weekdays.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 4:56 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
The picture is the exact same on both sites.
The color and design might be different when it arrives, since they clearly didn’t take a picture of their own product.

My advice?

Don't spend $134 for a dress with that kind of puckering on the placket and the hem.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics