Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Is this not fair? (re: Airbnb)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 3:52 pm
Hi,
We recently stayed at an AIRBNB, that was an out-of-this-world experience for our family. It's a very popular airbnb and it gets booked way in advance. The cancellation policy is fair, and we could get a full refund up to several days before check-in. I'd like to book it now for next summer. However, I'm not sure which week would work for us. "hoping Moshiach will long be here by then...) So here's my question: Is it right to book several weeks, and then to cancel the ones we don't want? We definitely will not stay for all the booked days. I'm assuming the owner could easily find someone last minute, since it's a very popular airbnb... Also, does airbnb not allow you to book properties if you cancel too often? If the owner realizes that we booked all those days knowing that we'll cancel some of them, is that a chillul Hashem, or is that okay? Thanks in advance!

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 3:53 pm
As someone who has properties on Airbnb, I would be very upset if a guest did that. It's unfair all around.

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 4:01 pm
Forget chillus hashem - it's a horrible way to treat a host who has what you call a *fair* cancellation policy.

It is this kind of behavior that spoils things for honest people because the host will then be forced to change the "fair" policy because people are taking advantage of it.

If you are unsure about your exact dates, why not contact the host and tell her that you are not sure which dates you want at the present time but will definitely want to book x number of days and to let you know if certain days are being booked so you have the option to book them. Offer to pay her for the days in advance so she knows you are serious about it

Since you stayed there and were a good guest there is a good chance that she would work with you because most business owners prefer to have repeat clients who they know are reliable.

If you do what you are planning to do by cancelling multiple bookings, you would never be able to book with her again. And that is if she doesn't realize that you couldn't possibly want all of those dates and doesn't even let you book them but cancels them immediately

Cookin4days

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 4:20 pm
Very rude to do

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 4:39 pm
Thanks! I'm glad I asked because it clarified things....

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 5:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi,
We recently stayed at an AIRBNB, that was an out-of-this-world experience for our family. It's a very popular airbnb and it gets booked way in advance. The cancellation policy is fair, and we could get a full refund up to several days before check-in. I'd like to book it now for next summer. However, I'm not sure which week would work for us. "hoping Moshiach will long be here by then...) So here's my question: Is it right to book several weeks, and then to cancel the ones we don't want? We definitely will not stay for all the booked days. I'm assuming the owner could easily find someone last minute, since it's a very popular airbnb... Also, does airbnb not allow you to book properties if you cancel too often? If the owner realizes that we booked all those days knowing that we'll cancel some of them, is that a chillul Hashem, or is that okay? Thanks in advance!

Not only isn’t it ok it’s actually assur.

Geneivas hadaas.

Lita

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 5:19 pm
Can you please post a link? I would love to give my family an out of this world experience.
Thank you

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 5:20 pm
Super unfair. Please don’t do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics