Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Food bloggers: please stick to food
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 7:32 pm
Whats up that every food and cooking Instagramer is now becoming the source of "inspiration"? Why not stick to what you do best and leave inspiration to those that do just that. Entertainment- if that's your Forte is welcomed by all. I just feel like from napkin folding and amazing food it's wanna be rebbetzin . Eh!

Rant over.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 7:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Whats up that every food and cooking Instagramer is now becoming the source of "inspiration"? Why not stick to what you do best and leave inspiration to those that do just that. Entertainment- if that's your Forte is welcomed by all. I just feel like from napkin folding and amazing food it's wanna be rebbetzin . Eh!

Rant over.

Maybe you should DM the Instagramner in question and explain how you miss their amazing recipes etc and if they can please consider make a comeback to that .

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 7:49 pm
This is their parnassah. They do what works for them. They aren’t in the Chesed field. Live and let live.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 7:54 pm
No need for you to take or even read her "advice"

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 7:55 pm
So stop following!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 8:25 pm
amother OP wrote:

Rant over.

I’m with you. I miss watching them cook. It was so therapeutic for me.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 9:32 pm
Yup I agree. I just unfollow... I can't stand it

WhatFor

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 9:46 pm
I don't have insta but I'm pretty sure it's all part and parcel of self promotion. If they post something "inspirational" that's shared far and wide, they'll have more followers and then get more money for product placement when they mention a sponsored product for their apple pie recipe. Most people trying to get large followings on Insta or by writing food blogs are doing it for business.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 1:57 am
I follow plc and she’s the most genuine instagrammer. She never goes off topic.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 2:08 am
This is RF isn’t it?

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 2:10 am
amother OP wrote:

Rant over.

I unfollowed many people. It’s all fake now. Rarely do I see real life posts. I miss it.

happyone

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 5:10 am
I followed for the recipes. But it's all changed over time. I always loved cooking shows.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 5:12 am
Yup the same for other businesses as well. Can’t stand it.

watergirl

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 5:26 am
PeanutMama wrote:
I unfollowed many people. It’s all fake now. Rarely do I see real life posts. I miss it.

It’s always been fake. Follow what you like, unfollow what you don’t.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 5:29 am
Highly recommend getting off instagram all together. I didn’t believe I could do it but here I am.. I would neverrrrr go back..

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 6:04 am
If you click on the name of the person you’re thinking of, you’ll get to their page
Right below their logo and bio is a big blue button that will say “following”.

Tap that.

Now it says “follow”.

Congrats - you just unfollowed someone who doesn’t bring you joy on Instagram.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 6:05 am
It sounds like this is how they differentiate themselves, because there are no new recipes left.
Seriously, that sounds annoying.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 6:06 am
One wonders why, if the posts are so offensive, you don't just quit following. Do you force yourself to finish reading a book you don't enjoy? Since you keep reading, you must be getting something out of it, even if all it is is a target for your disgruntlement. Better to rant at a blogger than at your loved ones, maybe.

There's a website I love to hate for its asinine advice, condescending tone and shameless peddling of overpriced merchandise nobody needs. But every so often there's a nugget of gold. Since they have developed excess verbiage into a fine art, I've learned to skip the introductory fluff and scroll down to the meat of the article, assuming there is any. You can do the same. Skip the introductory rhetoric and scroll down till you find the recipe. If there is no recipe, you've just saved yourself a bit of time and disappointment.

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 6:07 am
watergirl wrote:
It’s always been fake. Follow what you like, unfollow what you don’t.

lol okay….

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 6:23 am
For all of you saying - unfollow. Duh. We know our options. Can’t a person rant/vent?

I used to enjoy the outlet and loved it over a the cooking show because it was recipes I could do as well.

Can’t a person just vent and share thoughts/disappointments anymore?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media