Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Ground Almonds

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 6:58 am
I have several bags of ground almonds that I would like to use.

Please share any recipies with ground almonds

Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 5:02 pm
Bump

Hashemlovesme1

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 5:12 pm
Following!

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 5:16 pm
You put it under healthy cooking so not sure if you'll like this recipe. We do it for pesach.

Bread chicken cutlets in it. Put cutlets in potato starch (or flour) dip in eggs and then use almonds instead of bread crumbs and I fry it till it's crispy.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 5:21 pm
amother Melon wrote:
You put it under healthy cooking so not sure if you'll like this recipe. We do it for pesach.

Bread chicken cutlets in it. Put cutlets in potato starch (or flour) dip in eggs and then use almonds instead of bread crumbs and I fry it till it's crispy.

Thank you!

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 9:45 pm
Ground almonds are typically used for baked items because they give a lovely taste and texture.

The best Pesach dessert recipes use almond flour of course. You could freeze the ground almonds and they would most likely still be good when you defrost and use for baking Pesach stuff.

People following a gluten free or paleo diet will sometimes sub for bread crumbs but I don't like the texture as much as a classic panko crust.

You asked for healthy but the flourless chocolate cake is made with ground almonds and there are delicious cookies made with it as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking