Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
UPDATE: Brand new window that fell out from 3rd floor in Sep

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 12:30 pm
I just changed all the windows on my 1st and 3rd floors, of a 3 family house, at a cost of over $15,000.

(****Edited) My main issue is with no brand windows I bought to replace Andersen windows. What a headache! I didnt buy actual Andersen windows. Theyd have costed close to double. I bought what a 40 year business owner in BP recommended to replace Andersen windows. I used someone in BP who has been in business for 40+ years, so I trusted him.

This week as we were closing a just installed (Andersen-looking biut not Andersen) window on the 3rd floor, one hinge totally detached and the window was hanging out the window on a thread, with everything looking bent out of shape. This is a brand new window.

Someone handy pulled the window in, before it fell on anyone and killed someone ch"v.

This is really scary. No one wants to have a window falling on them or anyone else.

Owners reaction to me is "Dont worry, it wont happen again, parts were damaged". The person who installed these windows has been working for him over 30 years, and didnt notice parts were damaged?

AND the 1st floor tenant says a handle broke off (windows were just installed in March) and they came to fix it, and it happened again.

Im outraged. After spending $15,000+ on 2 floors of windows, what would you do?

If this sounds familiar to you and you had a similar experience, can we be in touch?

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 1:53 pm
I have no clue if the person who installed those windows did anything wrong, but if you look online for reviews on andersen windows, you will be chocked how poorly this companys products are doing. We have andersen windows which were installed by the previous owner not too long before we bought, and some of them are totally rotten on the inside and can not be openend. We cant have them replaced them yet because the size is specific of this company and replacing with a different size is out of our budget at the moment.
Some of the windows are beautiful and work great, so I dont think its all andersen windows.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 2:14 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
I have no clue if the person who installed those windows did anything wrong, but if you look online for reviews on andersen windows, you will be chocked how poorly this companys products are doing. We have andersen windows which were installed by the previous owner not too long before we bought, and some of them are totally rotten on the inside and can not be openend. We cant have them replaced them yet because the size is specific of this company and replacing with a different size is out of our budget at the moment.
Some of the windows are beautiful and work great, so I dont think its all andersen windows.

I didnt buy actual Andersen windows. Theyd have costed close to double. I bought what a 40 year business owner in BP recommended that replace Andersen windows.

I have never had a problem with real Andersen brand windows. The andersen windows were wood, now theyre vinyl coated wood and I think most people are happy with the real Andersens now. Yours may be older Andersens if theyre rotting, because the new ones are coated in vinyl.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 5:52 pm
Im traumatized by memory of seeing window hang out of apartment, connected by one piece of hinge, onto busy street , with no way to get it back in.

Owner says "Relax". Uch.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 6:33 pm
Oh my! Now I’ll remember to always walk on the other far side of the houses. This is insane. It could’ve killed someone chas vsholom

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 6:45 pm
OP, sounds terrible! But your thread title is defaming Anderson and they didn't do anything wrong nor was their product defective. You might want to change your title to something more accurate such as "Brand X Replacements for Andersen Windows — Dangerous." You can change the thread title by editing your opening post.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 6:50 pm
I'm confused who is the owner you refer to in the story? You said you changed it but the tenant called for a replacement themselves? Do you own this house?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 8:42 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
I'm confused who is the owner you refer to in the story? You said you changed it but the tenant called for a replacement themselves? Do you own this house?

To clarify, Im owner of a 3 family house, a handle on a window of 1st floor just installed in March, broke and company fixed it. Its broken again.

But thats the least of my problems, a window installed about a week ago, to replace an old Andersen window, that someone tried to close, on the 3rd floor, almost fell to the street, that could have killed someone.

kenz

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 8:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
To clarify, Im owner of a 3 family house, a handle on a window of 1st floor just installed in March, broke and company fixed it. Its broken again.

But thats the least of my problems, a window installed about a week ago, to replace an old Andersen window, that someone tried to close, on the 3rd floor, almost fell to the street, that could have killed someone.

She’s questioning who you mean when you say “owner.” I think you mean the owner of the window company, correct?

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 8:59 pm
I don't have Anderson as I didn't want tyspend more when my house was being built and decided not to upgrade. Someone I know upgraded to Anderson and spent a TON. The windows all broke right away. Anderson has a few lines and some are better than others. I have no clue what company you put on but every company has a free lines of windows and also it was probably not a good installation job more than the kind of windows.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 9:01 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
I don't have Anderson as I didn't want tyspend more when my house was being built and decided not to upgrade. Someone I know upgraded to Anderson and spent a TON. The windows all broke right away. Anderson has a few lines and some are better than others. I have no clue what company you put on but every company has a free lines of windows and also it was probably not a good installation job more than the kind of windows.

I think my windows are "Crystal" brand, and its a combination of problems, being that on one floor handles are breaking and on another floor window fell out.

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 9:05 pm
Well I just put in new real Anderson and several of the handles fell off already.
You also sound like you are expecting amazing quality and lower price. Nevertheless, that should not have happened and was probably a flaw from the factory or installation.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 2:20 pm
UPDATE:

Since the 1st week of September Ive been calling the window store (in business 40 years, located in BP) and hes been saying hes in touch with window factory and they will send someone to fix the problem.

The last week of October I called him and I said this cant go on this long. Either you send someone to fix the window or I file a complaint to BBB. Within a few days window manufacturer arranged an appointment to come and check out the problem.

Window manufacturer said hes only hearing about the problem first time this week! (I called window store in 1st week of September, and he said he called window manufacturer immediately. Someone isnt telling the truth).

The window manufacturers repair person just showed me that the installer did a very poor job installing, put screws and broke windows where he screwed screws in, and then glued it. He said hell reinstall all windows correctly.

If windows open and close well now, do I ignore that windows were damaged by installer by screwing screws through the actual window, where screws dont belong?

WWYD?

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 3:23 pm
How much will it cost you to reinstall? Let him write a report take pics and make a meeting with the owner. Ask him to pay the cost and if her refuses consider taking him to Beis Din

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 4:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
UPDATE:

Since the 1st week of September Ive been calling the window store (in business 40 years, located in BP) and hes been saying hes in touch with window factory and they will send someone to fix the problem.

The last week of October I called him and I said this cant go on this long. Either you send someone to fix the window or I file a complaint to BBB. Within a few days window manufacturer arranged an appointment to come and check out the problem.

Window manufacturer said hes only hearing about the problem first time this week! (I called window store in 1st week of September, and he said he called window manufacturer immediately. Someone isnt telling the truth).

The window manufacturers repair person just showed me that the installer did a very poor job installing, put screws and broke windows where he screwed screws in, and then glued it. He said hell reinstall all windows correctly.

If windows open and close well now, do I ignore that windows were damaged by installer by screwing screws through the actual window, where screws dont belong?

WWYD?

The frames are unsightly now with holes from screws?

tichellady

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 4:36 pm
where I live putting in new windows costs so much more than that! sorry this happened to you

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 7:18 pm
tichellady wrote:
where I live putting in new windows costs so much more than that! sorry this happened to you

It also depends on brand.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 7:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
UPDATE:

WWYD?

I work for company that replaces windows. They (installer) should be contacted , and they have to fix the mess.its their job. Ask how long you can wait.

If they messed up, they go back ,replace and then call company. It's not your issue, they have to provide good windows. Then they might call company to claim their liability.

I assume yomtov influence the schedule, but by now it should have been resolved.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 7:24 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
I work for company that replaces windows. They (installer) should be contacted , and they have to fix the mess.its their job. Ask how long you can wait.

Hinges were replaced.

But I have screws where they shouldnt be according to manufacturer employee that was here today, bec retailer's installer did it "his way".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries