Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
OT enhanced rate

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 2:51 pm
Can someone instruct me how to get enhanced rate for OT? Seems all these enhanced agencies only are interested in related services if the child is also getting SETTSS. Apparently that’s their main bread and butter.
So, how can I do this direct through the DOE? Or, are their agencies that will want to do enhanced just for OT?

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 3:53 pm
I suggest calling Otsar Family Services Advocacy Project. They will direct you on how to get an enhanced rate for OT. The Advocacy Project is funded through a grant so they don’t charge for their assistance and don’t provide the services that they help you obtain. 718-946-7301 X502.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 4:20 pm
I thought the whole "enhanced" thing only applies to P3/SETTS. How can related service providers get their cases to be enhanced (I'm a speech therapist)?

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 4:28 pm
The concept of enhanced is that the parent is unable to find a provider at the standard rate. It’s not limited to any specific service. The difference is that the standard P3 rate is half the standard RSA rate so seeking enhanced is more common with SETSS.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 7:13 am
Thank you for your suggestions! I reached out to Otsar and am waiting for a call back.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 9:12 am
amother Cognac wrote:
The concept of enhanced is that the parent is unable to find a provider at the standard rate. It’s not limited to any specific service. The difference is that the standard P3 rate is half the standard RSA rate so seeking enhanced is more common with SETSS.

The problem is that most related service providers are not doing RSA's a whole day. We are working for agencies who pay pennies. So ultimately SETTS comes out way ahead. Something for young girls to think about when deciding on a degree.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 9:34 am
Very true. As is that there is no other profession that has no opportunity for a raise or cost of living increase. The RSA rates have never increased in well over 20 years.
That is the argument that p3s made and now other related services are saying that too. It has nothing to do with making similar amounts - they are different professions and so should have different pay scales

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 9:43 pm
Bump any update ? Did u hear back from otsar ? Curious as I’m hearing that ppl are getting enhanced rates now for both speech and ot not sure how ..

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 9:48 pm
Yes. Otsar was not able to help specifically but they are a good source of information.

In a nutshell, if I child is already getting enhanced rate for SETTSS then the agency will likely also get enhanced rate for related services and you can work through them. However for those children who are only getting related services there is no way that I know of yet for enhanced rate.

aussiemom

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 10:48 pm
YOU NEED TO FILL OUT AFFADIVIT NYC ENHANCED RATE FOR SETSS and P3 enhanced rate agreement both are NYC FORMS and need to be signed by parent as well and then have the parent email this sample letter to your resolution manager in the DOE she should be able to send you these forms.
then the parent has to email her a letter like this one

Hi,

My son. .... has SETSS services. NYC ID. ... . D.O.B.....
Can you please send me a copy of his SETSS form.

I tried finding a provider for the regular rate. I reached out to provider’s on the independent providers list, such as. ( list here providers from list that can't service the child with there telephone numbers).
(Insert available provider name here) can work with my child at an enhanced rate SETSS of $150.00.

Can you please enhance (Childs name ) SETSS rate to $150.00 so that.(providers name) agrees to continue servicing my child.

Thank you,

hope this helps

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 7:31 am
This is for SETSS but the question was about related services. It’s complicated because if that provider is already seeing other students not enhanced, then the DOE is less likely to grant the enhanced rate. Also, it takes time for that process to happen - can be many months - and in the interim the child isn’t being seen

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Nov 01 2022, 6:48 pm
If the child already has enhanced SETTS from one agency - how can a related service provider (OT, speech) from a different agency get the enhanced rate also?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 01 2022, 7:20 pm
Not likely. It’s not cost efficient for that second agency. But, that therapist can choose to switch to the agency that provides the settss
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics