Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Are you going to the queens funeral?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Cspybe

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:35 am
Ruchi wrote:
There are 2 Satmars. The one on Amhurst Park (Aronim ) is being open, they are starting earlier. Check in with your family as this was the last update and final decision.

That's where my nieces are in school. Apparently today the plan was changed and the message has yet to be passed around. The rav for that kehilla us new in town and has no clue what the implications are. He's not familiar with the Monarchy and how they impact jewish life. Someone from the hanhala spoke go him today and they changed their mind.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:38 am
realtalk wrote:
I’m in America but I definitely plan on watching a live stream.

One of our last opportunities to see how to treat malchus

Such a good point! Putting it on my to-do list for tomorrow just for that.

Ruchi

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:41 am
Fab4 wrote:
They ruled that the boys should have a bit, not in the regular school building, or school clothing, and not during funeral hours. My older son's have an early start tomorrow, a shachris in school, followed by breakfast and learning. They get home just in time for the funeral, before 11am.

My younger son has a lesson with his Rebbe for 1.5 hours. Not in the school building and finishes just before the levaya.

My daughter doesn't have school at all.

THIS IS WORD FOR WORD WHAT KEDASSIA WROTE :

The Rabbinate has issued the following guidelines :

ALL girls institutions should be closed on Monday.

Boys institutions should gather their pupils in the institution or elsewhere and open the day with a talk to them about the legacy of HM The Queen.
There should be no organised transportation to and from the mosdos and children should not be in the open for the duration of the funeral.

Where possible, a Union Jack should be prominently displayed on the building.

Binyomin Stern
President UOHC

Ruchi

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:46 am
Cspybe wrote:
That's where my nieces are in school. Apparently today the plan was changed and the message has yet to be passed around. The rav for that kehilla us new in town and has no clue what the implications are. He's not familiar with the Monarchy and how they impact jewish life. Someone from the hanhala spoke go him today and they changed their mind.

The Rav has been here 3 years. He did pasken that a Hachnosas Sefer Torah that was supposed to be held on Thursday should be postponed until Tuesday, after the funeral.

zoom

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:46 am
Fab4 wrote:
They ruled that the boys should have a bit, not in the regular school building, or school clothing, and not during funeral hours. My older son's have an early start tomorrow, a shachris in school, followed by breakfast and learning. They get home just in time for the funeral, before 11am.

My younger son has a lesson with his Rebbe for 1.5 hours. Not in the school building and finishes just before the levaya.

My daughter doesn't have school at all.

Hey, my boy too ! They have an hour early in the morn before it starts.
And iv heard also high school has v early.
To be honest I was still a bit surprised that they are having anything!

And my daughter doesnt have.

I also thought wed have a lazy start to the day... TMI

Ruchi

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:58 am
zoom wrote:
Hey, my boy too ! They have an hour early in the morn before it starts.
And iv heard also high school has v early.
To be honest I was still a bit surprised that they are having anything!

And my daughter doesnt have.

I also thought wed have a lazy start to the day... TMI

The Kedassia ruling was for Stamford Hill.
What area in the UK are you referring to?

4g01o

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 10:00 am
Ruchi wrote:
THIS IS WORD FOR WORD WHAT KEDASSIA WROTE :

The Rabbinate has issued the following guidelines :

ALL girls institutions should be closed on Monday.

Boys institutions should gather their pupils in the institution or elsewhere and open the day with a talk to them about the legacy of HM The Queen.
There should be no organised transportation to and from the mosdos and children should not be in the open for the duration of the funeral.

Where possible, a Union Jack should be prominently displayed on the building.

Binyomin Stern
President UOHC

Yes I saw this. I think it's wrong for anyone to have school during the time of the funeral.

Ruchi

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:11 pm
As it stands now, Satmar 117 have changed their opinion and have cancelled school . Satmar 51 DO have school.

4g01o

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:23 pm
Someone posted a play scheme for my daughters age on her class group chat. 6 year olds.
Its £6.50 for a few hours. Kids are running it, it runs right through the entire time of the funeral. So wrong!
Seriously, can we not manage one day with our kids home?! Remember lock down? This is 1 day, and we can bh get together with a friend/relative etc.

Ruchi

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:28 pm
Satmar 117 is receiving major backlash from parents why school is being closed.
Satmar 51 says one of the main reasons they are remaining open is to prevent the girls from cholila going to the funeral or wanting to go to Hyde Park where it can be watched on big screens.

DreamerForever

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:29 pm
Fab4 wrote:
Someone posted a play scheme for my daughters age on her class group chat. 6 year olds.
Its £6.50 for a few hours. Kids are running it, it runs right through the entire time of the funeral. So wrong!
Seriously, can we not manage one day with our kids home?! Remember lock down? This is 1 day, and we can bh get together with a friend/relative etc.

But we send our kids to play scheme on Tisha bav too.

Look, I agree shops and schools should be closed, but our 6 yr. olds are way too young to get the solemnity and respect thing. Let them play.

4g01o

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:31 pm
Ruchi wrote:
Satmar 51 says one of the main reasons they are remaining open is to prevent the girls from cholila going to the funeral or wanting to go to Hyde Park where it can be watched on big screens.

That's ridiculous!
Lame excuse. The parents are the ones that will tell the girls not to go to the funeral.
It's not the schools responsibility.

4g01o

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:33 pm
dreamerforever wrote:
But we send our kids to play scheme on Tisha bav too.

Look, I agree shops and schools should be closed, but our 6 yr. olds are way too young to get the solemnity and respect thing. Let them play.

It's different, we're fasting so we send them out because we don't feel good. Nebuch we have to play with our kids for 1 day. If they're so bored then invite a friend from 2pm...

Let them remember this 1 day that everything shut and it was family time. Its major history!
My kids have fond memories of lock down, going to the park every day etc. We all miss some parts of it.

Ruchi

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 4:36 pm
Fab4 wrote:
That's ridiculous!
Lame excuse. The parents are the ones that will tell the girls not to go to the funeral.
It's not the schools responsibility.

Good morning to control.
It's really pathetic. I do not agree with this at all. The chinuch belongs to the parents. If the school doesn't trust the parents then perhaps something is missing..

zoom

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:15 pm
I agree with you fab4

I know someone who is running a day camp all the way through the funeral and is charging a lot, yet she has kids enrolled.
I think its a chutzpah.

Schools are closed for a reason.
Dont capitalize on parents .

Ruchi

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:29 pm
zoom wrote:
I agree with you fab4

I know someone who is running a day camp all the way through the funeral and is charging a lot, yet she has kids enrolled.
I think its a chutzpah.

Schools are closed for a reason.
Dont capitalize on parents .

The parents should Boycott this.

Ruchi

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 6:04 pm
Ruchi wrote:

י סאטמאר רב רמ"מ ווייס האט אנגעפרעגט ביים סאטמאר רבין שליט"א צו מען זאל פארמאכן די בית רחל מיידל שולע און די הוראה איז געווען אז וויבאלד עס איז נישט קיין געזעץ אז עס מיז זיין פארמאכט זאל מען עס האלטן אפען און די רבי האט אנגעזאגט אז מען זאל אויפהענגען פענער אזוי עס איז געווען בשעתו ביים מעשה וואס מען האט געשאסן קענעדי און מען זאל רעדן דרשות פאר די מיידלעך פון שלומו של מלכות.

salt

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 10:50 pm
I'm British but don't live in England.

Why is it wrong to send your kids to a play scheme, I don't understand.
Is it because they should be solemnly sitting at home? If so, they shouldn't play at home either.

Is it because people might see them out and about? But you're allowed to go and visit relatives, a poster wrote.

If someone's offering it and people are prepared to pay, good for her. If no one signed up, it's a sign that no one wants.

And as for schools being closed - maybe it's more important for boys to be learning Torah - if they are going to school in an appropriate manner, not using public busses, or whatever you said the psak was, and staying indoors during the funeral, then why waste the whole day not learning Torah a week before Rosh Hashana?

Don't see the big deal.

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 11:02 pm
salt wrote:
I'm British but don't live in England.

Why is it wrong to send your kids to a play scheme, I don't understand.
Is it because they should be solemnly sitting at home? If so, they shouldn't play at home either.

Is it because people might see them out and about? But you're allowed to go and visit relatives, a poster wrote.

If someone's offering it and people are prepared to pay, good for her. If no one signed up, it's a sign that no one wants.

And as for schools being closed - maybe it's more important for boys to be learning Torah - if they are going to school in an appropriate manner, not using public busses, or whatever you said the psak was, and staying indoors during the funeral, then why waste the whole day not learning Torah a week before Rosh Hashana?

Don't see the big deal.

From what I've read, many businesses are under pressure to close in order to give their employees time to attend/watch the funeral. So maybe it makes the schools look bad if they are open? (I am guessing here.)

salt

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 11:15 pm
DrMom wrote:
From what I've read, many businesses are under pressure to close in order to give their employees time to attend/watch the funeral. So maybe it makes the schools look bad if they are open? (I am guessing here.)

So if the teachers/rebbis want to stay at home to watch or attend the funeral, then it's unfair to make them work.
But if they are prepared to teach, let them have the zechut.

And someone who is offering a play scheme obviously doesn't mind missing the funeral.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics