Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Protein Shakes that taste good
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 7:15 pm
Anyone have any ideas for protein shakes that actually taste good. I tried Owyn vanilla and it’s so bad. I also have the orgain chocolate powder and it’s not the best.
Preferably only Cholov Yisroel.

Thanks.

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 8:06 pm
I love Nutri-Supreme. It tastes delicious

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 8:40 pm
Omg OWYN tastes terrible!! So so bad. I was excited for a parve option but I could barely choke down one. Yeesh still gives me nightmares.
I don't have a good CY option but Premier Protein is OUD and has flavors that taste really good. I have some friends who's rabbanim told them based on ingredients or the need or something that they could drink them. Maybe ask your rav.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 10:43 pm
My mom loves the nutri supreme whey

hoff123

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 10:48 pm
Orgain has a flavorless powder it still has a sorta flavor honestly but it’s good in a fruit smoothie or in a coffee….

Surrendered

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 10:49 pm
Shaklee shake is good tasting.
I purchased a brand that's not amazing in taste, I add vanilla ice cream and sugar. Though you think it becomes loaded with sugar, it's also loaded with vitamins and nutrients, It's still very worth it.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 10:57 pm
Another vote for premier protien.
I get them in Amazon. I like the PB chocolate flavor.
Caramel also good and coffee latte.

thanks

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 11:24 pm
Pirq. It's parve and tastes good without that thick protein after taste. It also has turmeric, macca and other healthy ingredients. I order on Amazon.

It's currently off the shelf due to a recall for possible bacteria. I emailed them, and they said in 2 weeks it'll be back.

4thebooks

Post Thu, Sep 15 2022, 11:40 pm
I know you said CY only but I asked my lor and he said for health purposes I can drink oud and so my favorite one is the fairlife protein shakes. Tastes like choc milk! Put it in the fridge and drink cold or freeze it for a bit and you get delicious creamy slush.. I hope you can try it!

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 12:52 am
Steak. Whole or if you must have a shake, puréed like a soup.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:25 am
andrea levy wrote:
Steak. Whole or if you must have a shake, puréed like a soup.

Lol this one made me laugh. For now it has to be 60-80grams of protein and I wasn’t given the option of puréeing the protein into a soup. Though in another 2-3 weeks I’ll be able to eat very mashed up meat, fish, eggs etc…

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:26 am
Surrendered wrote:
Shaklee shake is good tasting.
I purchased a brand that's not amazing in taste, I add vanilla ice cream and sugar. Though you think it becomes loaded with sugar, it's also loaded with vitamins and nutrients, It's still very worth it.

That sounds yum but I can’t have sugar for the next few weeks.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:27 am
4thebooks wrote:
I know you said CY only but I asked my lor and he said for health purposes I can drink oud and so my favorite one is the fairlife protein shakes. Tastes like choc milk! Put it in the fridge and drink cold or freeze it for a bit and you get delicious creamy slush.. I hope you can try it!

So DH tried asking and our Rabbi said no there are other options. However I might have him ask again if I can’t find anything I can stomach. So far instead of 60-80 grams of protein I had maybe 4-6grams in one day. Which is bad….

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:28 am
thanks wrote:
Pirq. It's parve and tastes good without that thick protein after taste. It also has turmeric, macca and other healthy ingredients. I order on Amazon.

It's currently off the shelf due to a recall for possible bacteria. I emailed them, and they said in 2 weeks it'll be back.

Sounds interesting I’ll look out for it, but really need something asap. Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:32 am
Premier protein or Fairlife protein sound good if my LOR will allow me to drink OU-D.

Nutri- Supreme sounds like my best bet.

Orgain - flavorless doesn’t sound bad, but I think I’m too scared to try it after trying the chocolate flavored one.

Thanks everyone for your help.

amother
Heather

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 5:47 am
Would you try this? https://www.katefarms.com/for-.....mula/

I have extra cases to give away...

Eta it’s 12 grams of protein per carton

MummyT

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 7:17 am
Hi,
I sell natural health products one of which is protein shakes (CY hechsher). We have choc/vanilla flavours and one which is more suited to a vegan plant based diet. I use the vanilla one myself and add milk/berries and it tastes great (if I may say so myself...)
If you want to see links/ order it, please message me. It would arrive direct to your house..

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:11 pm
amother Heather wrote:
Would you try this? https://www.katefarms.com/for-.....mula/

I have extra cases to give away...

Eta it’s 12 grams of protein per carton

Thanks for the thought, it says it’s geared for kids so don’t think it would work for me and I need the most protein possible. Thanks though. Hopefully you can find someone who is in need.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:12 pm
MummyT wrote:
Hi,
I sell natural health products one of which is protein shakes (CY hechsher). We have choc/vanilla flavours and one which is more suited to a vegan plant based diet. I use the vanilla one myself and add milk/berries and it tastes great (if I may say so myself...)
If you want to see links/ order it, please message me. It would arrive direct to your house..

My mom just bought from a local store, not sure the company as I didn’t see it yet. Appreciate the offer. Thanks.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 3:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone have any ideas for protein shakes that actually taste good. I tried Owyn vanilla and it’s so bad. I also have the orgain chocolate powder and it’s not the best.
Preferably only Cholov Yisroel.

Thanks.

I found the Maxi brand delish.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise