Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Ozempic, please tell me your experience!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 11:54 am
Anyone used ozempic and had positive experience??
I desperately need to lose a lot of weight

DreamerForever

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 11:57 am
Following

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 12:09 pm
I lost 30+ pounds on ozempic (which is all I needed to lose) and could not be more thrilled

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 12:15 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
I lost 30+ pounds on ozempic (which is all I needed to lose) and could not be more thrilled

Do you need to be on it forever to maintain it?

DreamerForever

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 12:16 pm
How long were you on it, and did you have side effects?

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 12:30 pm
I lost almost 30 lbs in 5 months, but then plateau'd- and didnt lose anything for 2 months even though I wasnt doing anything different than the first 5 months, so I went off of it, since it was really really expensive for me to stay on a medicine that was no longer working. I really really wanted to lose 60 couldnt justify the cost, so I went off of it a couple of weeks ago, and gained 5 lbs back really quickly, so now I am now going back on it! Even if to do nothing but maintain- im so scared ill gain back the 30 I lost. I personally loved it. I didn't find the side effects to be too bad, and the weight came off easily. If not for the money I would stay on it forever, its a simple weekly shot, tiny needle, zero pain, and just makes me feel less ravenous and out of control. Cant wait to go back on.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 2:00 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
I lost almost 30 lbs in 5 months, but then plateau'd- and didnt lose anything for 2 months even though I wasnt doing anything different than the first 5 months, so I went off of it, since it was really really expensive for me to stay on a medicine that was no longer working. I really really wanted to lose 60 couldnt justify the cost, so I went off of it a couple of weeks ago, and gained 5 lbs back really quickly, so now I am now going back on it! Even if to do nothing but maintain- im so scared ill gain back the 30 I lost. I personally loved it. I didn't find the side effects to be too bad, and the weight came off easily. If not for the money I would stay on it forever, its a simple weekly shot, tiny needle, zero pain, and just makes me feel less ravenous and out of control. Cant wait to go back on.

What dose were you on? I’m on it for 4 months and only lost 13 lb. Lost most in the beginning. Last few weeks I haven’t lost anything so getting a higher dose

amother
Azalea

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 2:31 pm
I'm on it for 4 weeks. Lost 14 pounds. Bh no major side effects. Love it.

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 2:32 pm
following

amother
Dustypink

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 2:33 pm
Who gives it to you?

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 2:35 pm
Are you able to eat when on it? Does it take away your appetite? Or does it dissolve the fat in your body?

What do you eat?

How does it work?

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 2:37 pm
I heard may not get pregnant on this. If ttc, how long from when you stop taking it till allowed to ttc?

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 2:43 pm
How do you know there aren't long term side effects to this?

flowerpower

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 2:46 pm
amother Navy wrote:
I heard may not get pregnant on this. If ttc, how long from when you stop taking it till allowed to ttc?

The suggested time is 3 months before ttc

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:14 pm
How much is it? Where do I sign up?

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:41 pm
amother Mint wrote:
Do you need to be on it forever to maintain it?

For me personally it’s an appetite suppressant (to the degree that I sometimes feel nausea on it which is definitely an appetite killer and was/is the only side effect I found). I’d assume once I go off it and regain my appetite it’ll be hard to maintain (but I’m obviously hoping to). I have another 4 doses left (that I’m supposed to take every week) but I recently switched (on my own) to ever other week and I’m holding steady bH (and am stretching out my last 4 doses to last me for two full months).

My insurance covers it for some reason (I have a $40 monthly copay) but I’m nervous my dr won’t renew my prescription (because I’m at a healthy weight and I know currently there’s a massive rush on it) so I’m “rationing” my remaining shots.

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:46 pm
dreamerforever wrote:
How long were you on it, and did you have side effects?

I’ve been on it for around a year losing about 2-3 pounds per month (more in the beginning and less at the end). I didn’t start out with that much to lose (relative to most people taking it 30 pounds isn’t that much) but friends who started off more overweight lost more initially than I did.
Side effects for me were feeling nauseous. For me personally it was very worth it (definitely lost weight feeling that way) but I have a friend who stopped because of that.
As far as who prescribes it… I heard about it from a few friends and family members and asked my gp to prescribe it and he did. It wasn’t a problem for me to get but I know people who tried the same (asked their gp) and either their gp said no or their insurance didn’t cover much of it.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:47 pm
But doesn’t it say that it’s meant to be taken for life in order to maintain?
Won’t the weight just come right back?

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:48 pm
amother Amber wrote:
Are you able to eat when on it? Does it take away your appetite? Or does it dissolve the fat in your body?

What do you eat?

How does it work?

You can eat but definitely makes you feel full for longer and takes away your appetite. It doesn’t work by dissolving fat in your body (to my knowledge). I try to eat healthy on it because there’s no specific foods that you’re supposed to eat

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 3:56 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
But doesn’t it say that it’s meant to be taken for life in order to maintain?
Won’t the weight just come right back?

My guess is yes it probably has to be taken at some level (maybe once a month?) forever to maintain the loss. But I don’t know anything for sure
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise