Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Plastic food processor and Bosch parts in dishwasher?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:40 pm
I have a new Miele dishwasher. Never owned a dishwasher in my life. I remember reading somewhere that the heat in dishwashers can melt plastic. Can I wash my plastic food processor and Bosch parts in the dishwasher?

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have a new Miele dishwasher. Never owned a dishwasher in my life. I remember reading somewhere that the heat in dishwashers can melt plastic. Can I wash my plastic food processor and Bosch parts in the dishwasher?

I do

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:51 pm
amother OP wrote:

Don't do it. Officially it can be done, but realistically it distorts the pieces (it ruins the metal finish and clouds/scratches the clear plastic).

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:54 pm
Over time, the abrasives in dishwasher detergent can degrade plastic. My new Breville food processor recommends against regularly putting the plastic components in the dishwasher — but Breville's recommendation may be brand specific.

An easy way to clean the bowl and the regular blade is put some water and a squirt of dishwashing liquid in the bowl and then turn it on for several seconds.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:54 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Don't do it. Officially it can be done, but realistically it distorts the pieces (it ruins the metal finish and clouds/scratches the clear plastic).

Hm that’s the main reason I got my dishwasher. So that I can load it erev shabbos after making kugel and challah

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 1:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hm that’s the main reason I got my dishwasher. So that I can load it erev shabbos after making kugel and challah

Dishwasher is great for all the other pieces so all you have left is the actual mixer. The mixing spoons, cutting boards, knives, spoons, bowls. And of course dishes and silverware it does amazingly.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 2:08 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Dishwasher is great for all the other pieces so all you have left is the actual mixer. The mixing spoons, cutting boards, knives, spoons, bowls. And of course dishes and silverware it does amazingly.

So the bowl and cover aren’t dishwasher safe? How about the s blade? It has plastic in the center. What about the plastic bowl from the Bosch? Only the metal bowl can be washed in the dishwasher?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 2:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
So the bowl and cover aren’t dishwasher safe? How about the s blade? It has plastic in the center. What about the plastic bowl from the Bosch? Only the metal bowl can be washed in the dishwasher?

I've seen my MIL's and the pieces do not look the same. Decide what you want to do. For my MIL she doesn't care what it looks like, she just wants it to be easy. For me I'd rather not put it in the dishwasher. I once put the metal kneeding attachment (or was it the bowl with the metal center?) in the dishwasher by mistake and it's not smooth anymore. You know like doesn't slip on and off as easily anymore?

That's why I haven't tried the S blade of the Braun in the dishwasher. And I already saw what the Braun clear bowl looks like from my MIL after dishwashing so I don't do that.

amother
Vanilla

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 4:03 pm
I put everything and have no issue.

And I live in a rental so my dishwasher is a cheap one.

It’s a lifesaver.

Window

Post Fri, Sep 16 2022, 4:10 pm
Be careful!! I ruined Bosch and food processor.
For the Bosch- the metal mixing piece for cakes gets ruined. Like a metal coating comes off and it’s hard to deal with after.
For the Bosch lids and food processor parts - they’re plastic. Only only use them on the top shelf. There’s a setting for “extra hot cycle” - don’t use that on plastics.
Even though I ruined mine, I’d still use the dishwasher for the food processor and Bosch. So time saving! I’m just more careful now
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen