Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why do people hate Meghan Markle so much?
Previous  1  2

naturelover

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:45 pm
sequoia wrote:
Racism.

They love Kate, who’s clearly anorexic and who literally enrolled in St Andrews in order to stalk William.

How is it racism?

People hate her not because of her skin color but because of her actions.

imorethanamother

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:47 pm
She has experienced some racism. Articles when they first dated said she was “straight out of Compton”. There were references to her lower class upbringing. People did use the monkey image, which is disgusting.

That being said, if she had kept her mouth shut and risen above, she would have eventually gained everyone’s respect. People dislike a complainer. The Queen understood that the working man has a very thin tolerance for rich, privileged people complaining about money.

I think that Meghan often gets lambasted for the same things Kate does all the time. (She didn’t wear stockings! She didn’t go to buckingham palace when the queen was dying! She wore a dress I didn’t like!).

But for me, I dislike Meghan because she ascribes so much importance to herself. She told over the story that at a premier, a South African actor said that his country was dancing in the streets when they learned of her wedding, like when Nelson Mandela was freed from prison.

They did not. The actor went on record to say he said no such thing. Even if the story was true, keep that to yourself. But the fact that she made it up….!

imorethanamother

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 5:49 pm
ally wrote:
I think that alot of what she perceived as racism due to her color was related to cultural difference between Americans and the British. In fact it's pretty American in general to perceive all the world's conflict through the frame of US history.

She also seems to want all the privilege associated with Harry's title without any of the obligation. But in a modern world where monarchy doesn't really make any sense that's all they have to justify their existence. Meanwhile, having left the family to forge her own path, she is now capitalizing on her title to make money through interviews and tell alls. But somehow pretending that she has the moral high ground?

She also seems completely out of touch with reality. Noone wants to hear how you were worried you couldn't afford a $16 million mansion until you made your Netflix deal (talking dirt about the family whose titles and perks you want to keep).

Absolutely all of this.

Cherry Blossom

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 6:00 pm

Last edited by Cherry Blossom on Wed, Sep 21 2022, 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Brownies

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:48 pm
Mainly because she seems to be a liar and manipulative attention seeker (after claiming she wanted privacy) and, having alienated the majority of her birth family, currently seems set on doing the same to her husband's family. Not that I've ever been much of a fan of Harry's either.

zaq

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 10:07 pm
Don't know, don't care.

Purple2

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 11:53 pm
sequoia wrote:
Racism.

They love Kate, who’s clearly anorexic and who literally enrolled in St Andrews in order to stalk William.

Uch. Just buy into her woke line that everyone is racist. Think for yourself. Of course she’ll use the racist card when there was absolutely no racism. Kate was actually treated worse then her, and to just body shame her is worse then the so called “racism”
Meghan is a narcissistic liar who ripped apart a family.
That’s why she’s hated.

worldtraveller

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 2:54 am
I think the underlying reason is because she is not genuine.

She serves herself only.

She is a social climber and ghosts people who she doesn't need. We expect more from someone joining the Royal Family.

She loves to call herself a Feminist. Problem is, she gave up her job as an actress in order to marry her prince... Hmm.

She cheapend her image on the Ellen show, Oprah interview and recently in the Cut magazine.
She gives the public fodder to tear her apart instead of laying low and living her private life the way they claim they wanted to.

Even Oprah regrets the interview. It's nowhere to be found on the entire internet except for excerpts.

I think the public can't forgive her for what she did to their favorite Prince. He looks angry, sad and bitter. His mental health was never the best but it most definitley declined since he married.

Her constant hand holding and bump cradling is getting too much. They aren't the only loving married couple or the only people who had babies.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 2:15 pm
worldtraveller wrote:
I

She cheapend her image on the Ellen show, Oprah interview and recently in the Cut magazine.
She gives the public fodder to tear her apart instead of laying low and living her private life the way they claim they wanted to.

Even Oprah regrets the interview. It's nowhere to be found on the entire internet except for excerpts.

This is my absolute favorite article about the Oprah interview. Or maybe about anything. Caitlin Flanagan from The Atlantic is a treasure.

https://www.theatlantic.com/id.....8318/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics