Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
My boys want to bathe together
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:26 pm
Ages 8 and 5. They just want to splash around together. They beg and until now I’ve relented sometimes. (I keep an eye on them and they’re just splashing and shooting water guns)
Is it ok or do I have to put an end to it?

Moonlight

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:27 pm
Why not

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:38 pm
I think 8 is too old for a typical kid. He should understand some sort of privacy and tznius

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:39 pm
8 years old is too old for this. Period.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 7:57 pm
When mine want to bathe together I let them in their bathing suits

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 8:08 pm
How about a 6 year old boy with a three year old girl? My kids love showering together because they play and have fun. For now I let…

hodeez

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 8:18 pm
Mine are 4 3 and 2 I let them bathe together. My 6 and 7 year old girls shower together. No one has made it weird yet so I let them, not sure about your ages though

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 8:37 pm
I don’t bathe my kids together mainly for hygienic reasons.

hodeez

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:20 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
I don’t bathe my kids together mainly for hygienic reasons.

I agree it is gross, that's why I let the water drain and run the shower and they take turns rinsing hair and bodies

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:40 pm
8, nah. If they really want they can get in with bathing suits. Not underwear.

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:44 pm
Is it different with girls? My 8 and 6 and 4 year old bathe together sometimes.

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 9:46 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
Is it different with girls? My 8 and 6 and 4 year old bathe together sometimes.

No, same as boys, an 8 year old should have some sense of privacy already. If she doesn’t by nature, it can be taught. 6 is my personal deadline for bathing together.

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 10:05 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
How about a 6 year old boy with a three year old girl? My kids love showering together because they play and have fun. For now I let…

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 10:11 pm
My kids bathe together 6,4,3. I thought my oldest would want to stop by now and I taught her how to shower but she still bathed with them sometimes. It’s fun for them! I don’t l even think they think about it. They’ll be tznius with eachother for the rest of their lives. I think they’re still little and it’s totally fine.

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 10:14 pm
I’m sometimes let my 6 year old boy and 3 year old girl bathe to get with their underwear on.

amother
Springgreen

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 11:25 pm
My 10 year old daughter helps my 8 year old dd who has a minor physical disability shower. For now they're both ok with it.

(Growing up, my parents had same gender kids shower together for way too long. It was dehumanizing.)

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 11:49 pm
I don't understand this showering/bathing together business. Even at a young age. What's the purpose of it? Everyone is entitled to their privacy and personal space and kids shouldn't have to sit in each other's filth.

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, Sep 18 2022, 11:59 pm
I have same age boys. I give them bathing suits.
Not often because it's not so clean and they end up splashing out of the tub. But occasionally, if they aren't all sweaty and bathed the night before, I would let.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 12:52 am
amother Banana wrote:
I don't understand this showering/bathing together business. Even at a young age. What's the purpose of it? Everyone is entitled to their privacy and personal space and kids shouldn't have to sit in each other's filth.

It’s usually cuz the kids want it and they start out doing this when they’re really young and then it gets hard to stop it cuz they enjoy it. For example I have a 3 and 1 year old opposite genders. My 1 year old runs to the tub and tries to get in when we’re bathing the 3 year old so it’s just easier to put them in together. It’s not an always but most times for now. Not sure how many years I’ll allow this. Also happens to be my 3 year old started requesting showers a lot which means my 1 year old can’t be there. But it’s very normal in many households with kids close in age.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 12:53 am
amother Bisque wrote:
My kids bathe together 6,4,3. I thought my oldest would want to stop by now and I taught her how to shower but she still bathed with them sometimes. It’s fun for them! I don’t l even think they think about it. They’ll be tznius with eachother for the rest of their lives. I think they’re still little and it’s totally fine.

Same
Similar ages. All boys
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics