Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
My boys want to bathe together
Previous  1  2

Rabbit613

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 2:51 am
I let. It's so much fun for the kids. They leave their underwear on.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 12:48 pm
Still struggling. They’re 8 and 5 and begging me to bathe together.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 12:56 pm
When I was little my father did Thursday night bath while my mother worked. 4 children ranging from 3 to 8 took a bath at the same time. I was 4. Oldest a girl and youngest boy. We didn't think about it and it wasn't a big deal. Nowadays everything is a big deal. I don't think the 8 year old girl cared.

amother
Starflower

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 1:08 pm
I don’t see an issue

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 1:14 pm
Imamother cracks me up. Apparently bathing with hundreds of gallons for two children is for heathen parents because the water is too filthy for your special three year old’s royal body that must only touch water never before handled by any living species.

Your boys will one day go to a Mikvah where hundreds of men have gone before! Americans are so uptight.

amother
Maple

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 1:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
Still struggling. They’re 8 and 5 and begging me to bathe together.

Let them put their bathing suits on and splash together in the bath as a Sunday afternoon activity .
Explain the concept of keeping private parts private and that now they are getting bigger they need to practice that … so bath time will have to be separate so they can wash themselves properly (as opposed to with a bathing suit)

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 1:21 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
Imamother cracks me up. Apparently bathing with hundreds of gallons for two children is for heathen parents because the water is too filthy for your special three year old’s royal body that must only touch water never before handled by any living species.

Your boys will one day go to a Mikvah where hundreds of men have gone before! Americans are so uptight.

So so so many men don’t go to the Mikvah!! And many boys do.
I personally have no issue with kids of the same gender bathing together IF ITS WHAT THEY WANT as long as they have bathing suites on.

HeartyAppetite

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 1:29 pm
I would soap them up first separately, then put them on bathing suits or underwear and let them play together.

Rabbit613

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 1:21 pm
There's no issue. Keep on underwear and the kids can have fun!

amother
Azalea

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 1:36 pm
I bathed with my sisters until the oldest was about nine. Never occurred to us there might be an issue. Thinking back, in my memory the oldest one started bathing separately because she had a later bedtime. No other reason that I knew of.

For anyone looking to save money, shared baths on a regular basis save a lot of hot water.

camp123

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 3:13 pm
If you make it an issue it will become an issue.
Let them bathe together until either one of them doesn't want to or you see yourself it's an issue.
Let it stop organically like a later bed time.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics