Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Can you recommend a high school for my daughter
Previous  1  2

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 5:14 pm
amother Peru wrote:
Chedvas is most to the left so to speak on the spectrum among the schools.
You have to know the crowd and what is the norm there in terms of technology and cultural exposure.

Speaking from experience. My kid went there for a while before refusing to go back.

My daughter is there and I disagree.

I know lots of girls in many of the other schools (nieces, friend’s kids, kid’s friends, etc) many of them have (or have access to) smartphones and the schools can’t (or don’t) do anything about it. Chedvas has been very proactive about technology and has worked hard to encourage the girls to minimize their technology use. Most girls have & use flip phones (voice or voice & text, no picture messages) and those that do use smartphones are honest about it (even though they lose out on certain privileges and ‘extras’.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Sep 19 2022, 5:29 pm
If Chedvas is tracked that may be a really good option , if the crowd works for you. It is also easier to get into.
Any other high school may only track for one or two subjects which would mean that your daughter may need to go out most of the day…
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries