Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Afula - New Anglo Community
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 9:42 am
amother Ginger wrote:
Some people are looking to buy, some aren't. There's also the debate of buying on paper vs buying something built. Everyone has their own considerations to make, so I think this will be a family by family basis. I'm sure things will pick up more in that respect when we have a concrete area outlined for where the community will settle more permanently.
So if not everyone buys in the area the kehilla will end up settling in, how will it still be a community? Is it going to be centered around the shul and that will be the community? Thats a very american approach.
Can I ask one more question? Im still not understanding the school bit.
These kids are never going to go to an israeli school? How will they integrate?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 9:50 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
So if not everyone buys in the area the kehilla will end up settling in, how will it still be a community? Is it going to be centered around the shul and that will be the community? Thats a very american approach.

1. Yes
2. Like in RBS, lots of kids go to schools designed for Anglos...I guess they integrate as Anglo children living in Israel, it's never perfect to be an immigrant.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 9:54 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:
1. Yes
2. Like in RBS, lots of kids go to schools designed for Anglos...I guess they integrate as Anglo children living in Israel, it's never perfect to be an immigrant.

But those schools are still isrseli schools. There are no schools in rbs, as far as I know that are only for olim children. That was my question, they are going to be learning only with fellow olim?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 9:57 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
But those schools are still isrseli schools. There are no schools in rbs, as far as I know that are only for olim children. That was my question, they are going to be learning only with fellow olim?

There are actually schools in RBS that are only for Olim children. It is actually a bit of a debate if it is better to open a school to Anglos and Israelis or stay separate, and both sides have valid points of view. I am going to do other things now, but I want to wish everyone well with their search for the right community to make Aliyah!

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:00 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:
There are actually schools in RBS that are only for Olim children. It is actually a bit of a debate if it is better to open a school to Anglos and Israelis or stay separate, and both sides have valid points of view. I am going to do other things now, but I want to wish everyone well with their search for the right community to make Aliyah!

Really? In which part of rbs? What is the name of the school?

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:10 am
amother Charcoal wrote:

I think like you said it's a settling within walking distance type of thing. I believe they want the schools to be relatively close as well, we'll see what we're able to accomplish in actuality, B'Ezrat Hashem.
The school has some Israeli teachers, the goal is to start light, these kids are still adjusting, and "israelify" a bit more as time goes on. They're doing a lot to teach Hebrew and in Hebrew as much as possible, and the boys school is currently sharing a building with an Israeli school, so that's helping with the absorption, I'm sure.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:20 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
Really? In which part of rbs? What is the name of the school?

I would like to know that as well.
There are several schools in RBS that are Anglo/olim heavy but they all have Israeli children and teachers.

Eta: there are High schools. Ulpanat Orly, YTA and Ohr Moshe. These are for teens who came older and are having a hard time with Hebrew language. Not young children.

No one that I know doesn't want their children to integrate. All parents want their children to socialize with and speak Hebrew

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 10:26 am
amother Ginger wrote:
I think like you said it's a settling within walking distance type of thing. I believe they want the schools to be relatively close as well, we'll see what we're able to accomplish in actuality, B'Ezrat Hashem.
The school has some Israeli teachers, the goal is to start light, these kids are still adjusting, and "israelify" a bit more as time goes on. They're doing a lot to teach Hebrew and in Hebrew as much as possible, and the boys school is currently sharing a building with an Israeli school, so that's helping with the absorption, I'm sure.
But its still a echool of only olim. Thats not aclimating really. I say that from things Ive seen.
Olim with olim all the time, and with no isrseli kids is not aclimating. It will be hard for these kids. Thats all.
Same building but not the same school means nothing. Its two seperate entities, Im sure.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:38 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:

Not for chareidim.

Okay I was spacing out when I wrote this. Yes there's schools in RBS for Anglo BY olim. Although I'm not super sure about girls high schools. The ones that are American aren't yeshivish. The ones that are yeshivish don't accept amercains much.

Last edited by LovesHashem on Tue, Sep 20 2022, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:41 am
amother Mauve wrote:
I would like to know that as well.
There are several schools in RBS that are Anglo/olim heavy but they all have Israeli children and teachers.

Eta: there are High schools. Ulpanat Orly, YTA and Ohr Moshe. These are for teens who came older and are having a hard time with Hebrew language. Not young children.

No one that I know doesn't want their children to integrate. All parents want their children to socialize with and speak Hebrew

What about Darchei Noam? The teachers are Israeli so classes are in hebrew but the boys all talk english amongst themselves. I would say over 90% of the parent body are olim.

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:45 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Not for chareidim.

Ohr moshe I'm not familiar with. But for sure no girl yeshivish/chareidi schools.

No yeshivish girl elementary schools for BY olim.

Until one opens up. Darchei Noam is a boys elementary school geared for Anglo yeshivish olim. Ohr Moshe is a boys high school that is geared for boys with learning differences.

PurpleandGold

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:48 am
amother Maize wrote:
Until one opens up. Darchei Noam is a boys elementary school geared for Anglo yeshivish olim. Ohr Moshe is a boys high school that is geared for boys with learning differences.

Bnos Malka

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:55 am
PurpleandGold wrote:
Bnos Malka

I know several Israelis who send to Bnos Malka. Not exclusively Olim.

PurpleandGold

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:56 am
amother Mauve wrote:
I know several Israelis who send to Bnos Malka. Not exclusively Olim.

But pretty much just Anglos, no?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 12:11 pm
PurpleandGold wrote:
Bnos Malka

I forgot about them, I think the issue with them is that they fill up quickly.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 12:28 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
Some people are looking to buy, some aren't. There's also the debate of buying on paper vs buying something built. Everyone has their own considerations to make, so I think this will be a family by family basis. I'm sure things will pick up more in that respect when we have a concrete area outlined for where the community will settle more permanently.

Thank you.

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 1:04 pm
PurpleandGold wrote:
Bnos Malka

Thanks! I forgot about them. Darchei Noam and Bnos Malka are brother and sister schools.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 4:39 pm
Please keep this to Afula Community and Not RBS schooling. Thank you.

PurpleandGold

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 12:14 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:
Please keep this to Afula Community and Not RBS schooling. Thank you.

I believe the point in bringing up RBS schools is to show that just like there are good schools for predominantly Olim in RBS, there can be such good schools in other Anglo communities as well...

amother
White

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 2:51 am
OP, have you looked into Karmiel?

We have a nice established community here. Integrated Israeli and Anglo community. The schools are wonderful particularly a boy's school that was recently opened (I think it's close to having its first graduating class that started in first grade) that teaches limudei chol while still being extremely shtark. There is also a regular but OOT cheder (the boys play ball). Girl school is more of a mix. It's a BY but still a more relaxed BY but they are trying to make it frummer slowly.

Plenty of Anglo Olim here. My DD has a handful of English speakers in her class. We have no shortage of English here at all.

Rent in the older area where I live for a 4 room apartment is 2800-3200. The newer area is a little more and more spread out so you'd need a car there. I'd guess a 4 room would start at around 3700 there but it is nice and new.

Why bother with pioneering in Afula? We definitely have some problems like all places, but we have infrastructure in place...
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions