Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Wwyd? Work requesting a headshot for website

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 3:01 pm
And I am not comfortable with this.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 3:02 pm
Say you’re camera shy?

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 3:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
And I am not comfortable with this.

Why aren’t you comfortable?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 3:05 pm
What’s the big deal?

Are they asking you to submit a homemade one or a professional one? If pro, they should fund it and you should get the best headshot photographer you can find in your area. Look at their work before hiring. See if you like what they do. Do they take flattering pictures for everyone they photograph? Etc

Moonlight

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 3:10 pm
I had this. First I told my boss I was uncomfortable and had to think about it, and then I came back and said no. I was just too uncomfortable. So there is no picture of me on my blurb and that's fine. It can feel violating to have a picture of you posted for all the world to see especially if you never do this.

amother
White

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 3:43 pm
Just say no. They can't force you.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 3:50 pm
I agree.

Would not be comfortable.

Just tell them that and if there is a blurb they will use an anonymous avatar like Imamother does.

LK1

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 3:58 pm
Are there other women there that don't want to do it? Then you can all say you are not comfortable.

Do not do if you don't want to.

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 4:00 pm
this might be a bit of a compromise for both you and your boss, but I've seen on linked in, ppl have turned their photo into a sketch style black and white pic

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 4:02 pm
It’s not part of your job description, and not a fireable offense to decline. It’s whatever YOUR comfort level is, it doesn’t matter what anyone else would do in your position.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 4:48 pm
For the longest time I wanted to put a picture. My husband wasn’t comfortable with the idea. My employer wasn’t pushing me to but they were willing to find the photographer if I wanted.

At some point there was a former client who was angry at our company. He send many harassing emails and voicemails. He also came down to office to find me when I wasn’t there. I was so grateful that I didn’t have a picture then - because he could never identify me if he saw me.

amother
Topaz

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 6:16 pm
Just say no. I’ve seen many websites where some people didn’t have a picture-both men and women. I assumed they just never sent a picture in. No big deal.

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 6:41 pm
No need for any excuses. Plenty professional websites have some people without a headshot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics