Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
If you own a robot vacuum
Previous  1  2

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 8:47 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
I got the https://us.roborock.com/produc.....w_wcB

It’s pricey top of the line.

Main function is that it’s completely self sufficient. Charges, empties dustbin, washes mop, dispenses dirty water and refills fresh water by itself.

I let it run at night for front of house and in mornings for bedrooms.

Does a really good job. Though I will say it does not replace a human floor wash. However it made my floors from needing to be washed almost daily, to once a week. (But I do have high standards in cleanliness.)

The machine alone is supposed to be one of the best out there, even if you prefer not to splurge on the all encompassing dock.

Where does it refill itself from, in terms of water? And where does it empty itself?

overworkedraizy

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 8:53 pm
I got it by Black Friday ...it's ok but for sure doesn't replace my cleaning lady....have the robo7....use it here there the vacume is better then the mop...feel like it just licks the floor doesn't actually wash and dirt spots

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 9:20 pm
I have one and love it. I am only able to use it when we are out of the house.

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 1:29 am
Do these things go over doorsteps? The doorstep from my living room to kitchen and then from kitchen to hallway/bedrooms is a little deep because the kitchen tiles make that floor stick up a little higher than the rest of the floors. Maybe an inch or a drop less. If it's going to get stuck in one half of the house then it won't really be worth it, but otherwise I'm very very tempted. Spending way too much time sweeping lately.

How do they handle a dining room that has a bunch of chairs? Do they vacuum and mop around them to get under the table? What about under the chairs? Dirt and crumbs get around the table so much that it doesn't really pay to have a vacuum that doesn't take care of them.

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 1:31 am
BTW I was following the links on this thread and this one has a coupon to clip for $140 off which is making me very tempted. Is this kind of sale typical?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z.....ss_tl
The one without the mop has a $90 off coupon.

DustyDiamonds

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 5:21 am
If you have a standalone mop that you move, would you please link to it?

I have the Roborock s6 max. Love it for sweeping/ vacuuming. The washing feature isn’t much so I’ve hardly used it.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 7:42 am
seeker wrote:
Do these things go over doorsteps? The doorstep from my living room to kitchen and then from kitchen to hallway/bedrooms is a little deep because the kitchen tiles make that floor stick up a little higher than the rest of the floors. Maybe an inch or a drop less. If it's going to get stuck in one half of the house then it won't really be worth it, but otherwise I'm very very tempted. Spending way too much time sweeping lately.

How do they handle a dining room that has a bunch of chairs? Do they vacuum and mop around them to get under the table? What about under the chairs? Dirt and crumbs get around the table so much that it doesn't really pay to have a vacuum that doesn't take care of them.

I don't know about your particular doorway.
Regarding under chairs, if you want a proper clean you have to put the chairs up on the table. I run around for a minute before, removing charging wires and obstacles.

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 9:53 am
Quote:
BTW I was following the links on this thread and this one has a coupon to clip for $140 off which is making me very tempted. Is this kind of sale typical?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z.....b_5_t
The one without the mop has a $90 off coupon

I bought the previous model of this and then returned it (and bought the cheaper vacuum I linked to above). I found the suction to not be strong enough and the mop to be mostly useless. From the limited research I did, the vacuum needs to be much more "high end" for the mop to be worth anything

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 9:56 am
Quote:

I personally like to do separate rooms one at a time. I find it cleans much more efficiently than when it has a large area to do. I'll usually have it do the kitchen before I go to sleep and then move it to the LR/DR/playroom area to do while we're sleeping (and block off doorways to other areas)

You need to pick the chairs up if you want a thorough cleaning

frummiebackhome

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 9:57 am
ra_mom wrote:
I have one and love it. I am only able to use it when we are out of the house.

me too. its very noisy, but worth it
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics