Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Choosing a pediatrician

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 5:42 pm
I just had a baby and am thinking about which pediatrician to use. I would prefer to use a holistic doctor if I can. My husband would rather me use a regular doctor. I don’t feel that strongly about it that I mind giving in for the sake of שלום בית and using a regular doctor if there is not much to be concerned about. The drive to a holistic doctor is further and my husband is concerned it will be tiring for me to go, especially because I may have to wait in the waiting room for a while. Is there any reason why I would want to choose a holistic doctor rather than a regular doctor? Is there anything truly concerning about a regular doctor that I would not want to use a regular doctor?
P.S. In general, I like doing things the natural way, and I know that some people would find nothing concerning about a regular doctor. I’m talking to the natural minded people, who think like me, and asking them “Is there anything to be truly concerned about with a regular doctor?”
Thank you in advance!

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 5:44 pm
There’s a safe haven for natural minded mothers. Best to ask your questions there

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 5:59 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
There’s a safe haven for natural minded mothers. Best to ask your questions there

Okay, thank you!

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 6:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
I just had a baby and am thinking about which pediatrician to use. I would prefer to use a holistic doctor if I can. My husband would rather me use a regular doctor. I don’t feel that strongly about it that I mind giving in for the sake of שלום בית and using a regular doctor if there is not much to be concerned about. The drive to a holistic doctor is further and my husband is concerned it will be tiring for me to go, especially because I may have to wait in the waiting room for a while. Is there any reason why I would want to choose a holistic doctor rather than a regular doctor? Is there anything truly concerning about a regular doctor that I would not want to use a regular doctor?
P.S. In general, I like doing things the natural way, and I know that some people would find nothing concerning about a regular doctor. I’m talking to the natural minded people, who think like me, and asking them “Is there anything to be truly concerned about with a regular doctor?”
Thank you in advance!

Have you considered a DO?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 6:08 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Have you considered a DO?

What’s a DO?

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 6:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
What’s a DO?

Doctor of osteopathic medicine. They are trained like medical doctors, but they also get training in a more holistic approach. They tend to be almost the same as MDs, but since they have that additional training they may be a little more holistic. Your husband would probably be happy, because they definitely overall follow traditional medicine. Some of them are just the same as MDs.

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 6:13 pm
Plenty of people use DOs and don't even realize there is any difference.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 8:27 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Plenty of people use DOs and don't even realize there is any difference.

Exactly! One pediatrician in Dr. Diamonds office is a DO. I never knew what it meant untill now. I use him regularly and would never guess.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics