Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Mani/pedi question

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 9:36 pm
Most times when I get my nails done, if there is excess polish to wipe off, some sort of implement is used, usually a wooden stick, often with some cotton at the end. Once in a while I get a tech that uses the edge of her fingernail instead. Have you seen this? Does this bother you? I think it seems not so professional and frankly not as sanitary. I never really thought about it being unsanitary before today, but the tech I had kept picking at her own nails, like there was dirt underneath, so I was really just grossed out.

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 10:09 pm
yes, they often do that. it's kinda gross but I'm used to it.

LadyGodiva

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 11:07 pm
I just try not to think about it. She's touching your hands the entire time, so it's really all the same when you think about it.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 11:11 pm
Puke

You can get fungus like that

Moonlight

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 11:14 pm
Yup. They do it. Wish they would all use a stick instead of their nails. It's gross

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 22 2022, 8:15 am
LadyGodiva wrote:
I just try not to think about it. She's touching your hands the entire time, so it's really all the same when you think about it.

I'm not entirely sure that's true. Holding and manipulating the client's hands is one thing. But when using their nail (where even if they are a very clean person there is likely some amount of shmutz under there) to scrape polish - and from an area where cuticles/ excess skin was just cut away - seems like an excellent opportunity for infection.

I never really dwelled on it until yesterday when the tech was literally stopping every few minutes to pick stuff out from under her nails.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics