Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Paying problems again
1  2  Next

raizy

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 10:06 pm
I thought I was finished with one bad apple of a customer. but she seems to have got the last word on me . she bounced a check . and I have no kack to call her listhen to her whole saga etc why she did that.

I want to go to the rav and get my money . my hubby on the otherhand want me to call her one more time and if she doesnt pay then go to the rav.

I told him fine but HE has to do the calling

am I being unreasonable? I cant stand talking to this lady!!!!!

shayna82

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 10:08 pm
what money does she owe you... you have a store?

raizy

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 10:13 pm
no I run a home day care and she owes me 196.00 $

shayna82

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 10:14 pm
yikes thats scary, I just started to let people know that im gonna start day care... do you have a policy on when you would liked to be paid?

whats her issue, does she not have money, or is she delib. trying to get away with it?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 10:15 pm
if your husband doesn't mind calling her, good. but if he does, you really should give her the chance to explain herself before going to a rov. you can also request cash if you're worried about her bounced check record.
people do bounce checks...it doesn't make her bad!

roza

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 10:32 pm
brachad wrote:
if your husband doesn't mind calling her, good. but if he does, you really should give her the chance to explain herself before going to a rov. you can also request cash if you're worried about her bounced check record.
people do bounce checks...it doesn't make her bad!

aha, let your husband call and say something like:

" I am an attorney 'ploni ben baloni', calling on behalf of Raizy's Best Child Care concerning your failure to pay off the balance that you owe to Raizy's Best Child Care. Would you like to set up a payment plan?"

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 10:36 pm
LOL Roza that should work 8)

raizy

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 12:27 pm
roza u crack me up!thanks for the uplift..

well low and behold after tossing and turning all night she calls me out of the blue and tells me she has CASH for me.. we will see if she will come and deliver on her word!!!

Tovah

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 1:05 pm
if she doesn't give u the money have her pay u out if u don't mind.

Ruby

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 9:23 pm
You should call her up and tell her that you or your husband are going out somewhere and if it's ok if you stop by to pick up the money. Some people are really bad with paying. But if you don't really give her a choice then it'll work.

tzivi

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:24 pm
Roza, that is such a good line.

A friend of mine was once driven into by another woman and the other woman's husband tang up my friend and claimed to be a lawyer. Well, actually he is a plumber!! Surprised

tzivi

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:26 pm
Raizy, she has given you enough trouble already. Can't you ask her to pay and leave and get someone else to fill her place in your daycare? What do you need this headache for?

JEWISHMAMA

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 4:09 am
I¨d just give her the option of paying little by little...you never know she might really be having big money problems.
I did that we my nursery and we worked it out that I would pay the current bill plus a little extra to make up the arrears.

ElTam

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 8:33 pm
Raizy,

Glad it worked out. Are you still watching her child? If you are, I would let her know you are only accepting cash from her from now on.

Maybe that's another thing to add to your rules sheet to, that after one bounced check, customers will be on a cash only basis.

raizy

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 9:31 pm
first off all she did not pay.
second of all I did kick her out in sept . since sept 1 she didnt come so she things she can conveintly forget about it... it happens all the time to hdc workers old client forgeting to give the last payment.. that is the hasher kouck for looking after your kid when your kid was sick well dirrea dirty clean etc.

we get thrown at everything except money!!!

shanie5

Post Mon, Nov 21 2005, 10:17 am
raizy- have you ever had a really nice client? paid on time, gave a chanuka gift, was never or rarely late? brought clean kids?

raizy

Post Tue, Nov 22 2005, 10:52 pm
oh yes 3 clients were the ideal pple . they all chipped in and both me a double phone for purim... come on time and leave on time..call me before they bring their sick child to see if it o.k. then one lady bought me a house present for moving 2 model coats.. believe me she scores big on my charts.

I cant believe how much agamus nefesh one stupid person can cause and I thought I was finished with her...

since this is my second year of doing this I am much more wiser .. I only take pple who pay on time and stick to ALL my rules.. so I am having a much easyier time this year.

shanie5

Post Tue, Nov 22 2005, 10:57 pm
glad u got some good ones raizy. I babysat for 10 yrs and B"H had more good clients than bad ones. one still owes me about $200, but I gave up on that yrs ago. just focus on the good ones especially when the troublesome one is at the forefront of your mind.
hatzlocha w/ all of them

shanie5

raizy

Post Mon, Nov 28 2005, 11:21 pm
I dont want to forgive .she gave me alot of grief and I have to pay 200 dollars worth of taxes of something that I never even laid my hands on!!! what chutzpeh.

oh and her father is rich as Korack!!!and supports all her "narishkitin"let him cough up 200 dollars....

chen

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 10:22 am
raizy wrote:
I have to pay 200 dollars worth of taxes of something that I never even laid my hands on!!!

are you sure about this? check with your accountant. writing off bad debts is standard accounting practice.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics