Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Balancing job and the Yomim Tovim

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 8:22 pm
I work for a secular company and they’re allowing me to take off Yom Tov, but I feel so stressed about balancing all the work that I need to get done with the kids being home for most of the month and YT needing to be prepped. I am an independent contractor, so if I don’t work I don’t get paid. Technically I can take the entire month off of work but we very much rely on my paycheck! How are other mothers balancing their jobs and all the yomim tovim this month?

amother
Freesia

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 8:25 pm
Honestly I find this year easier than ever. It’s nice and late so kids are settled in school already. And erev Yom tov (when kids would be off and I’d be working) is on Sunday. We have all Of Sunday (and Saturday night too) to prep. And the days off are at the begging of the week (not smack in middle)

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 8:29 pm
I take PTOs for the chagim and cooked a bit during the week at night after work, and froze foods that could be frozen.

amother
Kiwi

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 8:32 pm
I do a lot of freezing foods that I can before hand so im not stressed. This year is definitely a bit easier bec erev yuntif is on sunday

amother
Tealblue

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 8:37 pm
I have work deadlines smack between Yom Kippur and Succos and then the last day of Chol Hamoed. I had planned on using my paid time off for the entire Succos but this unexpected deadline which can’t be postponed came up. It’s going to be a tough month for me.
I may need to work on Erev Yom Tov (Sunday) so that I could keep up, which I don’t know how I’ll manage . When it comes to this type of stuff I begin reconsidering giving up my benefits and go work for a frum company.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics