Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
New! Daughters of Holocaust Survivors forum
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Yael

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 11:26 am
This new subforum is open to daughters and daughters-in-law of Holocaust Survivors and is a safe place to discuss feelings about having been brought up (or marrying someone who has been brought up) by Survivors.
To gain access you must have access to the Women over 35 yrs old group. simply click on usergroups to request access.

Crayon210

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 11:27 am
I can think of at least one poster who is under 35 and has a parent who is a survivor. Confused

freidasima

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 1:47 pm
I know who you are referring to. Maybe it can be for anyone who is 2g or married to a 2g.

Yael

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:39 pm
would there be a problem if the one woman was able to simply get access to the over 35 group a few years early? just to be able to go to the suborum without having to make it a seperate usergroup.

mimivan

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:42 pm
I wouldn't have a problem with that...

sarahd

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:46 pm
Only if she undertakes not to post in the over-35 forum.

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:52 pm
hum... what about me? do I get access to the 35+ without posting or am I out? I know once I said I was a daughter of survivor and wasn't taken seriously because I'm young... but I can find you children of survivors who are kids even.

Crayon210

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 3:20 pm
You're the poster I was referring to. ;-)

mimivan

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 3:25 pm
Yeah, I thought it was Ruchel too

cassandra

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 3:46 pm
What a great thing. I don't have any survivor relatives, but I am very happy this is here.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 6:33 am
thanks so much Crayon. I still remember the "come on your father definitely wasn't born, or he was a tiny baby" comment I got!

Crayon210

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 9:06 am
Ruchel wrote:
thanks so much Crayon. I still remember the "come on your father definitely wasn't born, or he was a tiny baby" comment I got!

That seems so odd, to argue about a basic fact. Confused

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 9:35 am
Yes. As if I was saying it to be interesting, almost.

Crayon210

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 9:37 am
That's quite a conversation starter:

"Say, did you know my dad was a survivor of the war?"

Yeah, really upbeat conversation. Confused

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 9:44 am
Sure. I would have expected frum people to be a bit less surprised that it's possible that a man has a child in his 50's, as it seems to happen even more often than among the non Jews.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 10:32 am
Ruchel, I imagine people are surprised because "usually" spouses are basicly within the same age range, so that would mean that your mother would have also been in her 50s when you were born, which is a little surprising.

amother

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 2:28 pm
Ruchel, you are not alone. My father was born in 1937, and I am in my 20s. He is not a survivor, but he remembers the war well as an american boy and he often tells stories about it.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 3:10 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
Ruchel, I imagine people are surprised because "usually" spouses are basicly within the same age range, so that would mean that your mother would have also been in her 50s when you were born, which is a little surprising.

But for example he could have been 51 and her 45? that wouldn't be too rare of a gap.
Definitely a MOTHER in her 50's is unusual, although in my family we have that too lol.
(in fact they were 53 and 28 - my mom is not a survivor obviously but a daughter of, so I always had someone to understand me about the topic)

Amother: nice to "meet" another one. My dad is from 1931. Now that I think of it, my husband is 27 and his dad was born in 1930 and also a survivor. Weird that I only remember it now.

Now that I think of it, we must have a couple of survivors, no? the member who is a great grandmother is certainly at least 70?

ChossidMom

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 3:57 pm
Hi Everyone.
I am the mod who controls access to to the Over 35 forum.

I just wanted to inform you that the over 35'ers have a problem with admitting under 35'ers to the forum. They don't want women who are under 35 to access the forum even if they won't post.

I pm'd Yael about it but haven't heard from her yet.

The consensus seems to be to have a closed 2g forum outside of the Over 35 forum.

freidasima

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 6:32 pm
Good idea!
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics