Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Erev Yom Tov - kids demanding nonstop

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:33 pm
I have soo much to do still and the kids are demanding nonstop food and attention! Heeelp!

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:33 pm
Mine too and dh is working...heeeelp!!!

s1

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:34 pm
Give them a package of cookies and a dvd 😉 good luck

Sewsew_mom

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:38 pm
Yes so hard.
Children are off schedule and need your attention to keep busy if they aren't used to keeping busy themselves.
It's a hard balance. Either you do everything at nights when kids are asleep or if you do things last minute and you can't be available to them maybe you should think about letting them watch something.
I know it's not ideal in the more right wing world.. But your only human and your expecting too much.
Chag sameach!

giftedmom

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:39 pm
Toveedo

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:50 pm
I keep the day structured by planning (simple but filling) meals and snacks for the day.
There’s a menu on the fridge , with times.
So everyone knows there’s oatmeal and berries at 10:00 , pizza at 2:00, hot dogs , cole slaw and potatoes at 6 . If your kids are little add pictures.
Snacks are self serve. If you don’t want your kids to have unlimited snacks, prepare a bag or small bin for each child for the day. Include some junk and some healthy ones, like apples or nuts.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:52 pm
Mine too. And I have a newborn.
And now I got into a fight with my 12 yr old and then yelled at dh so I'm an epic failure all around.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:53 pm
Thanks, that is very practical and helpful!

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 1:56 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
And now I got into a fight with my 12 yr old and then yelled at dh so I'm an epic failure all around.

BTDT. You're just plain human, not a failure. We all mess up. Things will get better!

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Sep 25 2022, 2:03 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:

I don't even have a newborn to blame it on and get in to a fight with my 12 year old. Didn't even bother yelling at DH because I know he views everything as my fault and just stays out of it watching nonsense on his phone. It's either that or long drawn out discussions insisting that I figure out a way to shape up and calm down so actually easier for me if he stays on his phone because at least then I can do stuff instead of spending the day being told how horrible I am (of course he doesn't use that language but uhm yeah it's no secret that he thinks our kids behavior is either a. my fault or b. my responsibility to figure something out. I wish I could just run away.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics