Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How many tops/tees/sweaters do you have
1  2  Next

How many tops do you have in your closet right now?
10-20  
 50%  [ 55 ]
20-30  
 32%  [ 35 ]
30-50  
 9%  [ 10 ]
50-70  
 2%  [ 3 ]
70+  
 4%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 108

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:23 pm
Just curious, how many tops do you have in your closet right now and how many of those do you actually wear?

dena613

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:36 pm
I didn't actually count and voted 10-20.
Now I'm counting tops in my closet and drawers...
Okay it is more like 30 (!!!)

But lots of them are too casual for work/don't fit me anymore Sad/ look worn out...

So really in the rotation are something more like 2 tops for shabbos, and 4 sweatery wintery tops and 4 all year/summer tops.

Is this a reminder for me to throw out or give away things that don't work??? Wink I find that very hard.
When I was cleaning for pesach I finally got rid of a to that I hated and haven't worn in over 8 years. Crazy. I know.

I think it will be time to give away a bunch of classic cardigans if I don't lose enough weight to get back into them...

Rappel

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:41 pm
Less than 10

dena613

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:47 pm
Rappel wrote:
Less than 10

Wow! Do you wear dresses? Or do you have less than 10 outfits? Just curious

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:49 pm
less than 10
I make sure I have minimum 5-7 things I can wear for the week. anything else is just extra

Rappel

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:50 pm
dena613 wrote:
Wow! Do you wear dresses? Or do you have less than 10 outfits? Just curious

I do wear mostly dresses, and I have less than ten outfits Smile I don't like clutter, or washing laundry, so I keep both as low as I can professionally go.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:52 pm
I would have said that I have 10 too and I just counted over 50 Hiding
No idea how I got to that but I guess its a collection of about 8 years and considering I was size x-small to x-large throughout those years I keep convincing myself I might still wear it one day...
Now I'm dealing with an ugly overstuffed closet that gives me a headache and I really wanna go minimalist...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:56 pm
Rappel wrote:
Less than 10

It must feel so liberating not to have so many clothes to take care of. How do you do it??

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Sep 27 2022, 11:59 pm
I used to have about 6 now I have about 12 and I’m feeling overwhelmed.

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:09 am
I don’t wear dresses so I have lots of tops but it doesn’t mean I wear all of them. Some are old but I’m afraid to get rid of them in case I have nothing to wear… some don’t fit but you know.. I’m hoping they will! Some are not the right season or style but I might want to wear them again soon… so yea, I have lots of tops but Im actually wearing very few of them these days.

Rappel

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:40 am
amother OP wrote:
It must feel so liberating not to have so many clothes to take care of. How do you do it??

I try to only buy things that I really like, that really flatter me, and that will last me a while.

There are definitely seasons of feast/famine where the system breaks down - usually when I don't feel good about my weight. Smile But overall, this system works for me.

up

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 12:41 am
I recently moved so got rid of a lot of my stuff.. as some other posters were saying...I always saved them just in case I'll lose weight..... but when I moved I filled up garbage bags... one to give away... one to throw out... it felt so liberating... iyh when I'll loss weight I'll deserve new stuff....
Now I have around 10 for vuchen and 6 for Shabbos..

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:03 am
Have 70, wear the same one😱

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:22 am
I have six for during the week and four for shabbos.
I hate shopping and can't see why I would need more.

Rappel

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:41 am
For those whom have 70 or more:

Do you keep your clothes in a separate bedroom? How do you organise so many?

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:42 am
Where's the vote for less than 10? I have 2 Shabbos, 4 weekday and 2 that don't fit that I'm wondering whether to give or keep.

BadTichelDay

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 1:53 am
Rappel wrote:
For those whom have 70 or more:

Do you keep your clothes in a separate bedroom? How do you organise so many?

Organize? Who said that I organize them? Hiding
I compress them very densely packed into one shelf in the wardrobe. I think I have about 40-50, did a very superficial count.
If I had 70 plus, I'd have to find or clear another shelf.
I find shirts more washable and faster to dry, which is one of the reasons I prefer them over dresses on weekdays.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:19 am
Around 20-30 and I wear each one. Whatever I don’t wear goes bye bye.

salt

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:45 am
Rappel wrote:
Less than 10

Sorry to dwell on your 10 - I am also very minimalistic, and don't shop often at all, but are you counting winter, summer, weekday and shabbos?
Or just per season/ just weekday?

I have 5 weekday summer tops and 2 shabbos outfits.
And probably the same for winter.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 9:21 am
I'm mystified at the under 10 replies. I know I have too many but even if I do another serious purge I wouldn't be able to get by on less than 10. Let's assume you don't wear the same thing to work too often, that's at least 4 tops for work. You need to either have lighter ones for summer and sweaters for cooler, or layers. Let's say you go with year-round pieces only, then you need a couple of layering pieces. So figure a bare minimum of 4 work tops plus 3 layering items? Now I don't know about you but I don't like to wear my work clothes when I'm just, say, cleaning the house. I don't want my nicer things getting worn out too fast. So figure 3 chilling out non-work tops. I'm already at 10 and that's without anything for Shabbos, and also that's very very minimal because it assumes you're wearing the same things pretty often which means either you do laundry a lot or you never get dirty or sweaty. Also if you're skating by on such a minimal wardrobe then if anything gets ruined you need to replace it pretty urgently, that feels a lot like pressure.

ETA even if you don't work so you don't need my minimum of 4 work outfits, then you need more of the home/casual clothes because you're wearing those every day. So 10 still feels low to me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics