Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Baltimore Bris

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 9:24 am
I am looking for people who have recently made a bris in Baltimore and can give me approximate costs. How did you estimate how many people show up? Who did you use and what were the total costs?

aussie2

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 9:48 am
Sorry don't know costs offhand but in terms of who will show up I guess that depends on your crowd.
For me it was basically family by women- mom, sisters /sisters in law/ cousins etc.. a few friends..
For my husband in addition to family a few rabbanim he invited plus some friends..

If you are doing milchig- bagels/ cheese/ lox etc.. You don't need an exact count but try to get approx number and some ppl will wrap up bagel for work etc.. if you have some leftovers u can freeze some of it or use within the next few days..

In terms of costs it also depends if you will be using a shul hall- and what they charge for that or doing s/t like knish shop party room etc.. Once you have a # of how many ppl you think it will be u can call up a few places- milk & honey bistro/ golbergs etc.. and get a quote.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 8:57 am
It's been a few years since we made a bris, but Goldberg's has packages for $10 and $15 per person, with a 25 person minimum. You can also have them provide coffee, pastries, fruit platters, etc. depending on how fancy you want to make it and how much you want to spend. They will also deliver, which is really helpful.

In terms of the number of people to expect it will depend on the day of the week and time of the bris. Definitely more people would come on a Sunday morning at 9 a.m. then a weekday after a 7:00 a.m. Shacharis, when people need to get their kids off to school and get to work. If it's a weekday bris, I would only expect close family and very close friends to come on the women's side. Men may have more since technically anyone in the minyan could stay if the bris is in shul.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 8:39 pm
Bumping this thread - I am trying to get an estimate for a weekday bris in Baltimore (excluding the mohel). The easiest for me would be to use Liberty Jewish with Fischel and I’m wondering what the cost is like there or somewhere else which includes all the set up clean up..

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jan 28 2024, 12:55 pm
Anyone make a bris in Baltimore recently that can give me an estimate?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics