Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Split Pea Soup

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 9:27 am
Anyone have a good recipe?

Oldest

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 9:55 am
Not really a recipe but this is what I do:
soak the peas for a bit, drain the water then add diced potatoes and carrots (optional), add spices (I do salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion soup mix and chicken soup mix.) Add water. Bring to a boil, then cook on low until the peas have dissolved into the water. Make sure to stir frequently because the peas tend to settle on the bottom otherwise and burn easily.

Alternatively, you can buy the Manishewitz packages of split peas which are already spiced and have a recipe on the bag (I think there is one on kosher.com as well)

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 10:00 am
Sometimes on a freezing winter morning, I take a combination of yellow and green split peas and put them in the crockpot, with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I fill with water and turn it on high.

Later in the day - lunch break - I make a batch of matzo balls and dump them into the boiling soup.

My kids love to eat this when they get home, with croutons.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note