Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
LABELING CLOTHES FOR CAMP

shlishka

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 1:43 pm
I'm sending kids to camp this year and wondering if anyone has a good (cheap) place to order iron-on name tags. (Too lazy to sew.)
Any other good labeling ideas?
I've done permanent marker in the past, and silver on the black socks, but this year my kids really want labels. Do they work or do they fall off? Are they worth it?
TIA!!

louche

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 1:58 pm
Don't use permanent marker, use laundry marker, which looks the same but isn't. For dark clothing and knits use fabric paint in a contrasting color.

I've never found labels to be worth it. ironing them on is a pain and they can still fall off, especially if the fabric is stretchy knit like socks.

If the kids really want labels, I suggest teaching them how to sew on their own. You'll see how fast they'll change their minds!

chavamom

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:04 pm
Every camp I've ever sent to sends info on how to order labels. I found a list here. I like the idea of the name stamp, though it won't work on dark clothing.

manhattanmom

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:20 pm
Iron on labels are the greatest if they're put on correctly. I went to camp for 9 summers and there are some articles of clothing (a T-shirt or two and some socks) of mine that still have the iron-on labels stuck on.
My mother used to place a large order at a time with our last name and phone number so my sister, brother, and I could use the same labels.

cookielady

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 3:33 pm
I found the stamp washed off after a while, so it wasnt so great. I use a Rub a dub laundry marker, much faster and easier.

since my sons and dh are the same size in clothing, even my dh has this T-shirts labeled. Its kind of funny seeing Tatie in his Fruit of the Looms.

frumnurse

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 1:14 am
I just ordered labels from www.label-land.com. They advertise in my community that they are Shomer Shabbos. The prices were pretty good and they have free shipping. I will post again when I receive them.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 2:16 am
cookielady wrote:
Its kind of funny seeing Tatie in his Fruit of the Looms.

and what do yours say "cookielady" Nervous

at walmart in the sewing department they have for $1.99 a ribbon of sew on material which comes with a laundry pen ... GO FOR IT !!!

chayitty

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 3:07 am
I happen to have a great self ink stamp clothing stamp...it works awesome and u dont have to deal with ink pads...and the awful ink smell!!

shlishka

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 7:48 am
Chayitty - sounds good.Know where u got it?

Emee

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 8:31 am
mabel labels makes one that you just stick on like a sticker. I bought those last year for school clothes and none have come off. The beuty is the kids can do it themselves and it literally takes2 seconds.

chayitty

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 8:39 am
I got it in my dh's store....I guess u can get it in most copycenters or stamp places.....if u dont mind me asking..where do u live?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries