Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Fasting with an eating disorder

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:31 pm
I suffer from severe bulimia and I was given a heter from my ruv not too fast on Yom Kippur

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:40 pm
I’m sorry you are suffering; right now your acids is to get healthy and part of that is to listen to your ruv and not fast this yom kippur.
Wishing you health and peace of mind and happiness

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:42 pm
What does severe bulimia mean? I thought it was throwing up what you eat, so what does that mean in regards to YK?
I wish you a refuah shelaimah and that you overcome this and can fast next YK.

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:54 pm
Im sorry you are struggling with this. I dont know if you just wanted chizzuk or advice, but its important that you take care of your body. An ED is an illness and can get heterim for it just like any other. I went through an ED as a teen and I wish someone had told me I couldnt fast. It just made it so much worse. I hope you have success in overcoming this in the new year.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 5:58 pm
Thanks for all the chizuk. I’m really suffering from it at this point and might be hospitalised. No one should ever go through this disease. It sounds so easy just to say eat normally but it’s very very hard.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 6:09 pm
Just sending hugs. Wishing you a healthier year ahead.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 7:21 pm
I’m so sorry you are struggling. I struggled with severe eating disorders…. in and out of hospitals, treatment programs… I’ve been completely recovered for almost 10 years. There is hope.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 11:35 pm
Can someone share their experiences with anorexia, the age it started and symptoms and steps to recovery? My dd14 is showing signs and I want to know how I can help her. My heart goes out to her, I love her so much and it hurts to see her struggling

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 12:33 am
Reach out to devorah Levinson from relief, she'll guide you to the right therapist, dietitian or residential program if needed. She was very helpful to us.for our daughter suffering with anorexia

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 11:13 pm
It started when I was around 14-15. First symptoms were dieting, quick weight loss, mood changes, isolating myself from family and friends, lying about meals.
I don’t want to scare you but it took me about 10 years to recover… but it doesn’t have to take that long. I do believe that had I been given the right treatment I would’ve recovered a lot sooner. I would look into FBT. It has a pretty high success rate. I know quite a few teenagers who did well with this approach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur