Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Mikvah on first night of Sukkos

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 28 2022, 11:49 pm
If all goes according to my normal schedule, my mikvah night will be the first night of Sukkos. I can generally come up with good excuses for a Friday night mikvah but a Yom Tov excuse doesn't seem so easy.
Oh, and DH is makpid to sleep in the Sukkah. And my kids who are mostly teenagers love sleeping there with him. Will seem rather odd that DH will come to our bedroom after the meal, "hang out" for a while, and then come to sleep in the Sukkah. Or possibly not even sleep in the Sukkah at all (if I have a say in the matter).
Help!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 12:52 pm
bump

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 12:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
If all goes according to my normal schedule, my mikvah night will be the first night of Sukkos. I can generally come up with good excuses for a Friday night mikvah but a Yom Tov excuse doesn't seem so easy.
Oh, and DH is makpid to sleep in the Sukkah. And my kids who are mostly teenagers love sleeping there with him. Will seem rather odd that DH will come to our bedroom after the meal, "hang out" for a while, and then come to sleep in the Sukkah. Or possibly not even sleep in the Sukkah at all (if I have a say in the matter).
Help!

Can you see if your rav will let you go during the day? Will that even be at all possible for you?
Not that it helps with the sleeping situation….

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 1:17 pm
Kids arent as quick to grasp things as your mind thinks things up.
The sleeping in the sukkah can be that he fell asleep in the room mistakenly and came down later and went to sleep there if your OK with that idea. Kids can play games meanwhile in the sukkah and they won't even notice he's not there.
I'm regards to going at night.. Not sure the circumstances is.. But if you go Friday night I can't see it being any different.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 1:43 pm
Dh and I always spend some time together before he goes down to the succah. This happens even if I'm niddah. I don't think that's so strange. Can't he 'get ready for bed' or just talk to you for a time?
Have you any family/friends that you want to drop something in for yom tov and you didn't manage before yom tov came in?
Also are you spending so much time together that they will notice if you disappear? Okay, mine aren't teenagers yet, but if I 'go to have a rest' or read in my room, they don't usually realize that actually I've left the house. The mikva is less than 10 minutes from my house and it doesn't usually take long.
I'm still waiting to see whether I have a similar issue for second night.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:08 am
Do you have a master bathroom? If so, your husband can tell the kids he is going to the bathroom while they are getting ready to sleep in the sukkah. If they ask later about the amount of time he was there (which they likely won't, but depends on the kids), he can say he had a stomach ache. They will never know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics