Home

If the cleaning lady stays shorter, do you pay less?
Previous  1, 2

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Marigold

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 9:09 am
10-15 minutes I don't say anything since my cleaning lady (who is by me for 4 hours) doesn't take time to eat lunch, so I figure it cancels out. But more than that, and I deduct.

amother

Magnolia

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 9:10 am
nechamashifra wrote:
No. My cleaning lady sometimes gets the work done in less time, sometimes more. I wouldn't pay less because I trust that she's not taking advantage - she's been with us for 18 years now and she quit on everyone else.

My motto is respect your workers if you want them to respect you.

Question is if you are paying for the job or for the time. I think the usual assumption is time. It's not respect to pay someone to cheat you

amother

Jetblack

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:42 am
I will add on my own question...let's say you pay by the day and the agreement is $120 for 7 hours. Let's say she shows up one day and askes to leave one hour earlier for an appointment but will get "all the work done". Do I pay her the entire $120? Or do I divide the day by the hours and subtract some pay?

flowerpower

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 10:49 am
Op, you need to be more assertive. It’s $25 an hour and she is supposed to clean your entire apartment. Open your mouth and stick up for yourself please.

amother

Royalblue

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 11:34 am
I'm an hourly employee and if I miss an hour, I don't get paid

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 11:46 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
I will add on my own question...let's say you pay by the day and the agreement is $120 for 7 hours. Let's say she shows up one day and askes to leave one hour earlier for an appointment but will get "all the work done". Do I pay her the entire $120? Or do I divide the day by the hours and subtract some pay?

My experience is that when they say they will "get all the work done" it's minus a few things.

For example, my cleaning lady claimed she "did the job" but she hadn't mopped, for one - I had actually mopped the day before because something had spilled. I was thinking of something else I wanted her to do that day instead - but she came an hour late - and when she was done, she felt like she had "done the job" because everything was clean - but I was shaved off an hour, and she didn't have time for the extra thing instead of the mopping. I didn't feel I had to pay for that.

Plus it came with a whole attitude - the constant 15 minutes late that I looked away from...she took 20 minutes to eat her lunch, she was constantly on her phone and got much less done than other cleaning help I had had previously (she claimed she did a more thorough job). I think her quitting was good - it spared me letting her go.

I think sometimes you look at the whole picture. Maybe if it was someone I was really happy with who really did push herself that day to do the whole job, I might have paid the full amount.

amother

Jetblack

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 12:03 pm
I decided to pay her less...I like her and trust her but it's only been a few months that she is with me and I have experience to know if I set a precedent it will always get out of hand...so unfortunately I have to "set the tone"

amother

Wandflower

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:24 pm
At first I was going to say that if it's $25 an hour and she chose to leave early, you can pay less or ask her to do more. but then I see you posted that it's an agreement, $75 for "the house", wtvr that means. So if she feels she is done early, she should still get the $. if you aren't happy with this arrangement, you need to clarify with her what is expected.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h