Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Things you wish were kosher
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

Goldie613

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 11:05 pm
The pink cupcake thing that Hostess makes (snoballs).

They way they look they'd either be amazing or overly sweet. I have yet to see a Jewish knock off version, though I'm certainly keeping an eye out for it Very Happy

https://www.hostesscakes.com/p.....pink/

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 11:15 pm
Chalav yisroel cheese curls that actually taste good and not just like salt!

Kosher food trucks. Any kind I just love the concept.

amother
Bone

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 11:16 pm
I think the market is flooded with sooo much kosher stuff. I don't crave for more. Can live without

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 11:29 pm
Nobody said kosher hot Cheetos yet?

Kosher tamarindo candy
CY nacho cheese
CY queso fresco and more Mexican cheeses
CY cheese cubes

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 11:35 pm
Non-Chalav Yisrael is kosher!!!!!

essie14

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 11:37 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
Chalav yisroel cheese curls that actually taste good and not just like salt!

Kosher food trucks. Any kind I just love the concept.

Israel has a bunch of kosher food trucks. They are very fun!

essie14

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 11:38 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
Non-Chalav Yisrael is kosher!!!!!

Louder for the people in the back!!

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 11:52 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Funny, my options went all the way down to just Wacky Mac when I started keeping kosher (I heard Publix has but I've never been to a Publix or tried their mac) and I found it very unimpressive. Have to doctor it up a lot.

I really miss the CY version of wacky Mac- Old Jerusalem. I tried so hard to track it down but looks like they went out of business and sold out Sad Could someone please manufacture that??

I also really miss when Snyders honey mustard and onion pretzels were pareve and the also the Chewy bars

imorethanamother

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 12:34 am
Those really spicy ramen packets!

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 12:45 am
I really want to try rabbit.

Camel dairy.

And alligator tail, but only once.

Kiwi13

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 12:54 am
Lucky Charms (cereal)

Every so often I check, because you just never know...

I was THRILLED when kosher Skittles came on the scene!!!!

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 1:07 am
essie14 wrote:
Louder for the people in the back!!

may as well not be as far as I am concerned. But happy for you guys that you get to eat all that stuff! I have never had it so I can't miss it.

Do you eat the back half of the animal? Its not our mesora to eat but some people (maybe sefardim?) eat it. But not sure if you can even buy kosher meat from the back half of the animal. SO its kosher but just not available/allowed to most of us.

I do miss being able to get good ice cream where I live. Almost anything else can be bought in a suitcase but not ice cream. Great vegan ice cream but would love decent dairy ice cream. And yes I have an ice cream machine.

As for me its those weird hard or impossible to check veggies that I want. Brussles sprouts, artichokes, broccolli...

Weirdly I can get kosher skittles and starburst but they are gross. I love candy but do not like the flavours or texture.

bh we live in a time when so much amazing food is available. Fruit, veggies, international foods. Even a person keeping chalav yisrael and mehadrin hechsherim has a wider variety of food available to them than a non Jew 100 years ago.

heidi

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 1:37 am
Raisin wrote:
may as well not be as far as I am concerned. But happy for you guys that you get to eat all that stuff! I have never had it so I can't miss it.

Do you eat the back half of the animal? Its not our mesora to eat but some people (maybe sefardim?) eat it. But not sure if you can even buy kosher meat from the back half of the animal. SO its kosher but just not available/allowed to most of us.

I do miss being able to get good ice cream where I live. Almost anything else can be bought in a suitcase but not ice cream. Great vegan ice cream but would love decent dairy ice cream. And yes I have an ice cream machine.

As for me its those weird hard or impossible to check veggies that I want. Brussles sprouts, artichokes, broccolli...

Weirdly I can get kosher skittles and starburst but they are gross. I love candy but do not like the flavours or texture.

bh we live in a time when so much amazing food is available. Fruit, veggies, international foods. Even a person keeping chalav yisrael and mehadrin hechsherim has a wider variety of food available to them than a non Jew 100 years ago.

So half of the Jewish world is indeed sefardi.
Also, fillet mignon is kosher for everyone as long as nikkur is done properly. Many mehadrin restaurants in Israel carry it. It is very delicious.
Frozen brocolli, brussels sprouts etc all come with a hechsher.
It's really weird the chumras people put on themselves when all the reputable kashrut agencies are saying it's fine.
I would love to try bacon.
Don't think that's becoming kosher anytime soon, no matter what kashrut certification you hold by

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 1:43 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Doritos nacho cheese chips

Israel has that.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 1:45 am
essie14 wrote:
Israel has a bunch of kosher food trucks. They are very fun!

Most of them aren't mehadrin so I don't eat them. But the food trucks always look soooo cool.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 1:47 am
heidi wrote:
Also, fillet mignon is kosher for everyone as long as nikkur is done properly. Many mehadrin restaurants in Israel carry it. It is very delicious.
It's really weird the chumras people put on themselves when all the reputable kashrut agencies are saying it's fine.
Don't think that's becoming kosher anytime soon, no matter what kashrut certification you hold by

Everyone I know will eat at a mehadrin resteraunt with fillet mingnon but won't order it. (ashkenazim) What is nikkur? I've never heard of this.

amother
Yarrow

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 1:51 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Everyone I know will eat at a mehadrin resteraunt with fillet mingnon but won't order it. (ashkenazim) What is nikkur? I've never heard of this.

Nikur is removing the forbidden fat (cheilev) and veins (Gid Hanasheh). The menaker needs to really know what he's doing! Ashkenazim usually just avoid the whole back half of the animal.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 1:52 am
A real cheeseburger!

I think Id like to try crabs.

amother
Winterberry

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 1:54 am
heidi wrote:

Yes, thank you! We're not just "some people" lol

gr82no

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 1:55 am
heidi wrote:

I think what raisin is saying is that where she lives it’s not accessible to her all the kosher food and she wishes she can just have it.
She isn’t putting on herself a chumrah.
Page 5 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen