Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Toddler and change of season and Yom Tov... WWYD?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 5:55 am
We live in Yerushalayim. It's still hot, but I honestly don't know for how much longer that will last. Probably till after Sukkos, though!

My toddler girl suddenly outgrew all her clothes. I started buying her wintery clothes in the next season, but it won't help for now, with this weather...

Should I buy her weekday and Shabbos clothes in short sleeves and light fabrics? Or just make do (no new clothes, and barely any fitting clothes) till whenever it gets cold--probably including Sukkos?

Help.

I wish I would have seen this coming a month or two ago, when there was time to find just the right in-between things... But now I'm running out of time.

There was a brief cold flash a week or two ago, and I quickly ran and bought warm weather clothes for her... but now I wish I focused on Sukkos instead! Just looking at all this gorgeous stuff on Next, but now I don't know if I could get it in time to make it worth it...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 6:17 am
Can you buy big enough that it'll fit her still pesach?

Elfrida

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 6:21 am
Maybe it's worth looking in your local gemach to see if you can find something to tide her over the next few weeks. They often have beautiful stuff that children grow out of. Then if it doesn't fit her next spring, you won't have wasted much money on clothes for just a few weeks.

SingALong

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 6:30 am
Do you have a Zara near you? They probably have some transitional cotton dresses that would work for Shabbos. Tshirts and legging shorts for the weekday you can probably get in any mall.
Where I live all the summer things iare on the sale racks, maybe you can see if wherever you usually shop has some summer stock left?

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 6:55 am
All year round fabrics like knits, ribbed, long cottons then layer with sweater for winter

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 6:58 am
Thanks, I was thinking to run to Zara!

Yes in person I could probably find--I actually saw a little bit of a summer sale rack in Kidichic yesterday, but I was in a rush and didn't have time to look. I suspect I'm a bit late in the game for the sales racks in the frum stores, just because they're so into the new season. But Zara etc. might be a better bet.

No gemach near me unfortunately.

And I doubt at this age I could get a size that would look cute now and that I could also count on fitting her Pesach--it would be a gamble, or else buying purposely big now (and still a gamble, she could outgrow by Pesach).

Elfrida

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 7:01 am
I wouldn't count on being able to order something on line and have it arrive before Yom Tov. There are three working days between now and Sukkot, and every website I look at has a banner saying that deliveries will be delayed due to 'observance of local holidays'.

Would it be worth going to a gemach in a different neighbourhood?

dankbar

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 7:04 am
Rompers with socks and wear with tights for winter

imaima

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 7:11 am
amother OP wrote:
We live in Yerushalayim. It's still hot, but I honestly don't know for how much longer that will last. Probably till after Sukkos, though!

My toddler girl suddenly outgrew all her clothes. I started buying her wintery clothes in the next season, but it won't help for now, with this weather...

Should I buy her weekday and Shabbos clothes in short sleeves and light fabrics? Or just make do (no new clothes, and barely any fitting clothes) till whenever it gets cold--probably including Sukkos?

Help.

I wish I would have seen this coming a month or two ago, when there was time to find just the right in-between things... But now I'm running out of time.

There was a brief cold flash a week or two ago, and I quickly ran and bought warm weather clothes for her... but now I wish I focused on Sukkos instead! Just looking at all this gorgeous stuff on Next, but now I don't know if I could get it in time to make it worth it...

Maybe buy long sleeve cotton shirts and cardigans/hoodies? So you wear thin shirts now and layer later

Elfrida

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 7:19 am
I've just looked at the weather forecast, and it is meant to cool down again by Sukkot. Nothing like winter, but first day is forecast to be 26°c. (For comparison, today is 33.) Of course, it isn't too accurate this far ahead, but you might be able to get away with some slightly cooler weather clothes, especially in the evening.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 7:26 am
Friends or family you could ask for hand me downs? It’s so hard when they grow so fast to plan outfits ahead

music123

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 7:36 am
we are wearing our winter leggings/pant/skirts with our too small short sleeve shirts and a sweater in morning and evenings.
When I moved here I was warned about this Banging head
does she have a few short sleeves shirts that still fit? with winter bottoms? or a few thinner long sleeve shirts... by after sukkos pretty sure we'll be able to switch to fullwinter, because it was a leap year... its already october!

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 7:50 am
music123 wrote:

does she have a few short sleeves shirts that still fit? with winter bottoms? or a few thinner long sleeve shirts... by after sukkos pretty sure we'll be able to switch to fullwinter, because it was a leap year... its already october!

Funny story. Last year I had an appointment with a new psychiatrist at the beginning of December, on a boiling hot day. She was an olah hadashah, and was wearing the kind of clothes she thought were normal for December. I was wearing a light summer dress. She looked sharply at me, and began processing 'inappropriately dressed' diagnostics and implications. Then she laughed, and realized that I was actually much more suitably dressed for the weather than she was!

music123

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 7:55 am
[quote="amother Mayflower"]Funny story. Last year I had an appointment with a new psychiatrist at the beginning of December, on a boiling hot day. She was an olah hadashah, and was wearing the kind of clothes she thought were normal for December. I was wearing a light summer dress. She looked sharply at me, and began processing 'inappropriately dressed' diagnostics and implications. Then she laughed, and realized that I was actually much more suitably dressed for the weather tha

LOL Can't Believe It LOL Can't Believe It
right I guess it could be hot in december, ive run around in a turtleneck only to come home sweating... but its cool enough that if you put a toddler in long sleeves it more than ok. (ussually)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics