Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Third trimester kids bath/ does bedtime (poll)

Who gives your child/toddler a bath/bedtime
Yes, all the kids even before pregnancy, (bath or bed)  
 44%  [ 17 ]
No I enjoy the bonding time.  
 2%  [ 1 ]
No, my husband is not home, if he was he would always do bedtime/bathtime, because?  
 18%  [ 7 ]
No, that's my job, My husband would never help. No matter what  
 28%  [ 11 ]
Yes, during third trimester only bed  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 38

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 12:35 pm
First time making poll. I hope this is written right. Curious if this is something husbands pitch into.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 12:46 pm
the choices aren't clear to me

my husband does baths 99% of the time (I did on the fast day because he was fasting and I wasn't) but I do bedtime.

pregnancy has no impact on this. this is our arrangement.

(ooc is your husband home for bath and bedtime? if he's home it seems like a no brainer that he should do his part. if he's not home, are you talking about him skipping minyan or leaving work early? I feel like we need more background)

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 1:19 pm
I’m not sure how to vote but I’m currently in my third trimester and I do bath and bedtime myself most nights since my husband is usually not home at that hour. On the nights he’s home, he helps, but doesn’t like taking over the job completely.

amother
Moonstone

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:03 pm
I do bath, husband does bed usually

amother
Navyblue

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:05 pm
My youngest is 6. My husband doesn’t give her a shower. It’s either me or my 13 year old daughter, depending how I’m feeling. (8 almost 9 months pregnant here….) When I’m not pregnant, it’s me. Bedtime is always me, unless I’m not home.

tweety1

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:08 pm
My husband always pitched in. I now have big kids so they took over.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:09 pm
When I'm pregnant and up to a half year after, usually DH does bath and bedtime.
When I'm not pregnant and don't have a newborn, usually I do bath and bedtime.

Obviously there are exceptions like if DH comes home late and I'm pregnant, I'll do the baths (or skip them altogether). Or if I'm not pregnant but I had a long day, DH will do them.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:28 pm
I do all newborn baths because DH is too nervous, but after that stage it's whoever is available. Sometimes with toddlers it's also a matter of which parent the child wants. Usually DH prefers to clean up from dinner while I deal with baths and toothbrushing and picking out clothing for the next day. Then he comes up for bedtime stories and shema unless I need help earlier. When I'm weak from pregnancy and/or unable to kneel on the floor to give a bath then he does that part and I help get the children into pajamas afterwards if I'm up to it.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:42 pm
General rule in life, if something is difficult for any reason but especially pregnancy, loving and caring husbands happily pitch in.

amother
Navyblue

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:53 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
General rule in life, if something is difficult for any reason but especially pregnancy, loving and caring husbands happily pitch in.

If they can

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:55 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
If they can

And many rearrange their day/ life during pregnancy to be able to. Like give up some sleep, some extras, down times etc.. it's the least they can do since their wife does all the hard work of carrying their baby.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 5:47 pm
Third trimester dh bathes if our youngest is too young to get in and out in their own

SG18

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 2:15 pm
My husband usually does bedtime, I usually do baths. But we each do the other sometimes- we don't have set jobs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics