Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
I. Hate. Salads!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 2:58 pm
Seems to be the newest thing or maybe not so new. But women especially seem to have this thing for salads. I say Yuch! I hate salads. I hate raw vegetables. Matter of fact I hate most of the "healthy" foods people seem to be pushing all the time. I like to sit down to a real meal, a satisfying meal, including lots of animal protein. And I've already reached an older age and I'm in the pink of health. When the guests came to Avraham Avinu, he didn't serve them salads - he served them butter and cream, and then meat.

Bash away. But yuch to salads. And that doesn't even include how much trouble it is to check the vegetables.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:07 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xYRUCx7Bj08

Sounds like you’d be happy eating a carnivore diet
With your example above seems ancestrally the correct human diet

I do eat vegetables because I enjoy them, but I use them more as a filler to keep my calories lower and as a vehicle for fat

There are many MEDICAL DOCTORS that agree with this way of eating as long as it is 100% natural with nothing but natural salt and spices

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 3:19 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xYRUCx7Bj08

Sounds like you’d be happy eating a carnivore diet
With your example above seems ancestrally the correct human diet

I do eat vegetables because I enjoy them, but I use them more as a filler to keep my calories lower and as a vehicle for fat

There are many MEDICAL DOCTORS that agree with this way of eating as long as it is 100% natural with nothing but natural salt and spices

Thank you! That is so interesting.

smss

Post Fri, Sep 30 2022, 5:41 pm
You don't have to eat salads! Permission granted Smile

I wonder though if you've tried them with delicious dressings, feta cheese or goat cheese, little croutons, nuts, roasted vegetables, crunchy chickpeas...? Cuz, I also hate dry boring salads. Just saying.

DrMom

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 9:48 am
So don't eat salad. (shrug)

amother
Maple

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 11:01 am
Interesting salads especially fresh garden salads is one thing my whole family loves! Ok except my 15 year old son but he'll eat them if there feta and olives and stuff like that in it

amother
Carnation

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 2:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Seems to be the newest thing or maybe not so new. But women especially seem to have this thing for salads. I say Yuch! I hate salads. I hate raw vegetables. Matter of fact I hate most of the "healthy" foods people seem to be pushing all the time. I like to sit down to a real meal, a satisfying meal, including lots of animal protein. And I've already reached an older age and I'm in the pink of health. When the guests came to Avraham Avinu, he didn't serve them salads - he served them butter and cream, and then meat.

Bash away. But yuch to salads. And that doesn't even include how much trouble it is to check the vegetables.

interested to hear what your meals are made up of.

I too hate fruit and veg and love animal proteins but always feel that its not a healthy dietas everyone is busy with salads and plant based and plant based proteins.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 2:50 pm
amother OP wrote:

Im not sure what the point of your post is. Im sure there are many people out there that dont like salads. So dont eat salads. Is anyone forcing you to? I would hope not.

Also, when you talk about checking vegetables, things like cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, those things dont have to be checked.
And you can also find pre checked veggies as well.

amother
Carnation

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 3:01 pm
amother OP wrote:

didnt he also give them bread? which means wheat in their diet

kiti

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 5:00 pm
I don't really enjoy salads either, unless the recipe has a nice sauce or delicious toppings

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 5:05 pm
That's so funny! I looooove a good salad. But the ones I really love take so much effort that I never end up doing nice ones. When I go out to eat, the first thing I look for is an exciting salad. Keep your steak, I want the vibrant, fresh, explosion of flavors and textures that is a perfect salad.

BaltoMom65

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 5:10 pm
I hear ya but I also wouldn't complain about food as there's a food crisis headed our way

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 5:11 pm
I like vegetables more than I used to but I still eat mostly animal protein and dairy. Local fruit in season sometimes ( Canadian, it’s not a long season lol).

Carnivore is a thing. Beteavon!

justforfun87

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 5:33 pm
I am a chubby food lover and I LOVE salad. I actually really dislike meat/chicken and would take salad over them any day.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 6:00 pm
BaltoMom65 wrote:
I hear ya but I also wouldn't complain about food as there's a food crisis headed our way

Is there a food crisis headed our way? Interesting.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 7:21 pm
Nothing more yum than a bed of greens topped with grilled veggies and some kind of fish/chicken/meat and dressing.
Full meal.

BaltoMom65

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 7:49 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Is there a food crisis headed our way? Interesting.
That's one word to describe it

sequoia

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 1:56 am
Eating raw vegetables isn’t a new thing. In ancient times, a typical meal of a poor person was bread and onions. People have always known about the health benefits of plants.

It doesn’t have to be a full-fledged “salad,” which takes a while to make. Are there specific vegetables you like? Good tomatoes are amazing, if you can get them. Sweet peppers with hummus. Stuff like that.

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:25 am
why did adam ask for rain? only that the animals should have grass and plants to eat so we could eat their meat? avraham didnt eat olives?

I wonder though if they had a special way of preparing it - fermenting or cooking or they also ate raw?

the video above about plant food causing inflammation - there is a theory out there that animal products cause inflammation so go figure.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 7:11 am
kiti wrote:
I don't really enjoy salads either, unless the recipe has a nice sauce or delicious toppings

You mean dressing, right? Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen