Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Babysitting possibilities in Williamsburg...

debsters1101

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 4:11 pm
Hi I am starting an internship in Williamsburg this Fall (at Yeled Vyalda). I am not from the area and I wanted to find out about day cares or home based babysitters for a baby who will be almost 2 iyH. it would be full time, 5 days a week (I assume not as late on Fridays). Does anyone know of anyone? and what is the going rate there?
thanks

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 4:40 pm
there are plenty of babysitters and playgroups in willy. what hours are we talking about?

debsters1101

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 5:58 pm
not sure yet, since it is so far away. but probably 8:45-3 or 4

dillie

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 5:59 pm
debsters, does your baby speak yiddish?

debsters1101

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 6:02 pm
not at all but we are open to learning new languages :-)

dillie

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 6:13 pm
I say go for it.
I myself love spending time in willy. my pediatric dentist has an office there, I love when we have to go to that office.
well, I don't love the dentist. but you know what I mean!

debsters1101

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 6:17 pm
go for... what, dillie? I am confused. I am not sticking her there specifically to learn yiddish, I will be working there and it will be very convenient to drop her off somewhere in the area.

dillie

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 6:22 pm
debsters1101 wrote:
go for... what, dillie? I am confused. I am not sticking her there specifically to learn yiddish, I will be working there and it will be very convenient to drop her off somewhere in the area.

sheesh. so go for it, drop her off!
my mil still reminisces fondly about the chassidishe ladies in monsey who used to babysit for her kids occasionally. apparently it was spotless and they sent home kokosh cake with the kids.
if you find a babysitter who sends home kokosh, please post here. I might start sending dd.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 7:13 pm
okay - playgroups wont be an option for her as theyre all from 10 - 3. let me look in the business directory for phone numbers of daytime babysitters. make sure they speak english too.

mrs wertzberger 718-963-3272
mrs falkowitz 718-260-0992
mrs fried 718-387-0215
mrs pollak 718-388-3012

good luck!

debsters1101

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 7:38 pm
wow Mama Bear thank you so much! Do you know around how much I should expect to pay per week or per hour?

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 7:50 pm
I think most ppl take about four or five dollars an hour these days. also check the locations of these people, if it's too far from where youre working you have to factor in the time it takes to pick up and drop off. I cant vouch for any of these ppl prsonally but they all wrote that they have years of experience and I do knwo some of them, I'm sure theyre trustworthy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries