Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tube in ear is out of place, another surgery?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 11:53 pm
My son got tubes at 6 months old. He really needed them by 4 months but they wouldn’t do the surgery before 6 months. They worked amazing. He’s a year old now and started having drainage from one ear which signifies an ear infection. I gave him ear drops like I am supposed to but they didn’t work this time. Doc put him on oral antibiotics and said his tube moved out of place. It didn’t fall out though, it’s just not where it should be. I have an appointment with the ENT at the end of the week but curious if anyone has experience with this? Will it require another surgery?

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 12:07 am
In my experience yes. It’s another surgery and they replace the tube.

lfab

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 12:28 am
He may not need another surgery to remove the tube that's out of place. With my daughter they were able to take it out in the office when that happened. However, if he still needs the tubes he'll need another surgery to put a new one in.

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 12:58 am
My son had tubes. One fell out on it's own after 8 months. The other one started draining and smelling very bad so the ENT took it out. BH the fluid didn't come back and we did not have to put new tubes in
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics