Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Since we're not buying a new house, what do you think about
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:01 am
Maybe you can move the 6 year old into the nursery and the 3 year old into the boys room for the time being.

Chances are theat in a few years when you don't want to mix genders you she'll be ready to move downstairs. And by then you may have funds to finish the basement.

imaima

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:24 am
tweety1 wrote:
How old is she? Makes a difference. My oldest wanted his/her own privacy since age 12. We didn't give it in because it meant sacrificing alot. At age 16 dh decided that at that age its only fair. He offered on his own to give up his Seforim room. Dh still uses it when he needs to but dc doesn't mind because dh doesn't use it for long. Age makes a difference. A 12 yr old doesn't need privacy. A 16 year old does.

Wha doesn’t a 12 yo girl need privacy but seforim do?

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 9:02 pm
We had a very similar situation and ended up splitting our large master to create a room that sounds like your nursery (fits 1 twin bed only), with doors to both the hallway and our room (locks from both sides!) so that we can call it as a sitting room/office if we ever sell. My teen does sleep in the room but the (new) wall is adequately thick and it is fine. We also added a small master bathroom at the same time so that we have more privacy. I would advise bringing in a good contractor or handyman who can come up with creative ideas to work with your space. It doesn't have to be expensive and for us the only other choice was moving, which would have been more. It was totally worth it as the shift in sleeping arrangements benefited everyone, not just the child with the brand-new bedroom.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics