Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Anyone else not shave their legs?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:07 pm
Im probably one of the only such women here on this site. I say that based on the threads about shaving other areas of the body.
I shave more in the summer when Im not wearing leggings. In the winter I rarely shave my legs.
Any other women who could care less about the hair on their legs and their husbands dont really care either way either?

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:10 pm
Me!

I shave under my arms relatively often when not niddah, but almost not at all while niddah.

I shave my legs for mikvah. Don't think dh realizes, though, to tell you the truth. And if not I'm not niddah for a long time (eg pregnancy) then I shave every once in a while.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:10 pm
I only shave during the summer. During the winter when no one sees them I don't bother.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:13 pm
I shave for Mikva and maybe one other time during the month during the summer.
So figure 15 times a year.
The disposable razor company is not getting rich off of me!
(I have never waxed/lasered…anything).

I do my eyebrows my self maybe 3x/year.

I am not a hairy person, maybe if I was so would be different-maybe not.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:13 pm
I know plenty of women that don’t bother either. Even during the summer.

I personally shave once a month during mikva prep, but I do it for myself.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:16 pm
Not me. My DH is horrified by the idea.

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:22 pm
I never have shaved. I used to have light colored leg hair, but during one pregnancy it all fell out and never grew back. I wouldn’t care either way but not complaining!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:27 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
Not me. My DH is horrified by the idea.
My husband doesnt love the idea of me not shaving, but its my legs and I dont love shaving, so he deals with it. We are married a long time and I think in the beginning it did bother his a little, but now, he doesnt even mention it. Ever.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:28 pm
My husband actually prefers I don't shave underarms because he hates the prikles as it grows back in

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:29 pm
in the winter I wear opaque black tights no need to shave

Bh, past the mikva stage of life
Whenever it gets itchy I use neet depil cream

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:36 pm
I used to shave my legs once or twice in the summer just so that I wouldn't be so hot.

Haven't bothered in years.

DH likes when I shave my legs but he understands that it's a tircha and that I don't care, and he's okay with me not shaving my legs also.

I do shave my underarms though.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 3:04 pm
Are you people who are not shaving going bare legged or wearing sheer tights that you can see the hair growing?
Or are you talking from a comfort point of view?

I can never be bothered shaving but I do it bevause I dont want people seeing my legs with hair on.
When I wear thick tights I dont do it very often, but in the summer with v thin tights I keep on top of it.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 3:07 pm
Not really. Sometimes in the summer if I really want to wear a shorter skirt.

But it's winter now, so...nope. Not if I can help it.

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 3:13 pm
I don’t shave even on the summer while wearing nude tights. My hairs are blonde so I just hope they’re not noticeable. Hopefully that doesn’t make me socially off.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 3:17 pm
Never have, and don't plan to.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 3:35 pm
I always wear black opaque and long skirts cause my legs aren't that beautiful and I broke it just above my ankle many years ago and over the years the area has thickened which makes it look even worse. I wore nude to shul a couple of years ago and a few people came over so sympathetic and offering medical advice that I will bl"n never do it again. So it's just become my look. But I actually do shave most weeks cause I just don't like hairy things and over the years the hair has really thinned. As for DH I asked him a number of times but these things really don't bother him.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 4:44 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
Are you people who are not shaving going bare legged or wearing sheer tights that you can see the hair growing?
Or are you talking from a comfort point of view?

I can never be bothered shaving but I do it bevause I dont want people seeing my legs with hair on.
When I wear thick tights I dont do it very often, but in the summer with v thin tights I keep on top of it.

I wear long skirts and real socks, not stockings or tights.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 4:47 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
My husband actually prefers I don't shave underarms because he hates the prikles as it grows back in

Can't Believe It

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 4:52 pm
Only when I go swimming. I used to not, but I was so self conscious especially at hotels if there were strangers. I did for the first time when I was over 30

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 5:36 pm
I never shave. I've always lived in maxi skirts and black knee socks, even before they were in style. I only shave when I'm getting dressed up for simchos or something special and will wear nude tights, in the summer. Life is so much better being chilled, I can't be bothered and my husband doesn't care.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics