Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Shiurim on YK

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 2:22 pm
For anyone who has ever done shiurim, can you tell me, how many cc's you did and in what interval of time?
Im just wondering the differences out there.
I get terrible migraines when fasting. I dont leave my airconditioned home on YK. I was already told by our rav that if I need to do shiurim to do them. I know how much and how much time between Im doing. This is just a question to really see how many different ways of doing this, there may be.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 3:18 pm
I'm doing shiurim for the first time this year due to a high risk pregnancy.
I was told to do 1 oz. every 9 minutes.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 3:20 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I'm doing shiurim for the first time this year due to a high risk pregnancy.
I was told to do 1 oz. every 9 minutes.

How many months are you?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 3:27 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
How many months are you?

In my seventh

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 5:52 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
In my seventh

Bsha’ah tova. I’m in my 8th and was told to fast 🙈

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 6:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
For anyone who has ever done shiurim, can you tell me, how many cc's you did and in what interval of time?
Im just wondering the differences out there.
I get terrible migraines when fasting. I dont leave my airconditioned home on YK. I was already told by our rav that if I need to do shiurim to do them. I know how much and how much time between Im doing. This is just a question to really see how many different ways of doing this, there may be.

In the past I’ve done 1oz of liquid every 9 minutes and 1oz of food every 13 minutes. This year I was told to use the same sizes, but to drink every 4.5 minutes and eat every 9 minutes. (This year I’m almost in my 9th month)

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 6:01 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:

Hatzlacha!!!!

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 6:02 pm
I'm in my 7th month and was told to fast.
If I start feeling contractions I can start drinking 1 oz every 5 minutes and then once they stop, continue at 1 oz every 9 minutes

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 7:15 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:

My pregnancy is high risk and I'm on meds and partial bedrest to avoid preterm labor, so there is no way they'd let me fast...
And I'm still too early for it to be okay for me to go into labor now. My other kids were born in the 8th and beginning of the 9th.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 7:41 pm
I was told to start off drinking (an ounce) every 9 minutes and can drink as often as every 4.5 minutes if needed.

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:18 pm
At 4 weeks with mild hg I was very dehydrated, and taking zofran. I was told to take a half mouthful every 6 minutes. I had to measure before YK.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 10:13 pm
I was told to start with 1 Oz of liquid every 9 minutes and 1 Oz of food every 9 minutes. If needed I could do the liquid more often but I don't remember how many minutes because bh I was fine like this.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 11:00 pm
I always do shiurim when pregnant no matter what month. I have a heart condition that has certain ramification in pregnancy, and I cannot go 24 hours without fluid. I only got a a heter to drink not eat. I think I did 1 oz of juice every 9 minutes (but I usually overestimated and did 10-12 minutes just to be on the safe side).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 1:50 am
So funny that so many answers were about pregnant women. Im sure there are other reasons to be doing shiurim Smile
Im not pregnant and was told that if I feel a migraine coming on, I can statr doing shiurim. And the rabbi told me that I should bdavka do it with something other than water.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 3:05 am
Hi risk pregnancy, 5th month. 40 cc every 9. I was in the exact same situation last year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur