Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid and Fasting

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:45 pm
Just got a positive PCR and really nervous about YK. My mom jewish doctor pretty much said, if you're sick you're not fasting. I know I need to speak to a rav, but curious if anyone has fasted with covid and how it went.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:48 pm
Oy refuah shleima! Can I ask where you are located? I haven't heard of any cases in my neighborhood and having a family member visit soon iyh who hasn't had it yet and was concerned to come..

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 10:01 pm
I did 2 years ago. I was fine.

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 10:03 pm
Definitely ask a rov for guidelines. Covid is not that serious now that fasting would be so awful...

You can tell the rov what your dr said, but good chance you would have to fast unless seriously ill ch'v.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 10:12 pm
The reason you haven’t been hearing about Covid is that most frum people have stopped testing. If you don’t test then you can say that your sore throat and cough is only a cold.

OP, I’m curious why you tested…did a doctor force you or was there another reason?

Sewsew_mom

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 10:17 pm
My husband fasted 2 years ago Yom Kippur and stood all day in (outdoor) shul with covid. He's still around to tell the tale.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 11:32 pm
It really depends on your symptoms more than what you're sick with!!

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 11:39 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
The reason you haven’t been hearing about Covid is that most frum people have stopped testing. If you don’t test then you can say that your sore throat and cough is only a cold.

OP, I’m curious why you tested…did a doctor force you or was there another reason?

If the symptoms are like a cold, why should it affect one's ability to fast? Just because of the name?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics