Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Which vacuum?

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 9:54 pm
Prefer something lightweight because our first floor and second floor are actually two floors apart (there's another apartment in between) and also I want kids to be able to help out without feeling like it's too hard to shlep around the vacuum, which was definitely the case with our old one.

Must be able to handle pet hair.

Must be HEPA filtered and allergy friendly.

Floors are hard, no carpet, but I also want to vacuum upholstery (couch etc)

Affordability a plus.

I'm hankering after a robot vacuum that will do it all for me but because of upholstery and stairs I think I need to focus on something manual for now. Can't budget both at the moment.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 10:06 pm
Shark navigator lift away

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 02 2022, 11:46 pm
Thanks! That returns a bunch of results. Is there a specific one you like? What do you like about it?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 3:42 am
The lift aways are all the same, the differences in results are dependent on store which "extra" accessory they put on (like a brush made for pet hair in sourdough be regular brush or hose, maybe look if what you see mentions that for you).

It's lightweight in my opinion, can be used upright or like a canister, HEPA filter, no bag needed, never needs replacement belt, suction is amazing. NY Times actually recently reviewed it as their number one vacuum and says it's underrated. I've had mine for over 8 years ba"h and never needed to replace anything. It also has a decent warranty I believe.
You can usually get it for around $100-$125 which is a great price for what I consider a premium vacuum.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 3:51 am
Ok now I see what you mean vs what I saw when I bought mine in 2014. They're not as cheap if you want with the pet brush and they really changed up so many options. The motor and basic construction is all the same but you want to make sure you get the crevice tool and an attachment to handle pet hair and I'm not sure how cheap that is...

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 6:11 am
Agree with the recommendation for a shark navigator. I went through several terrible vacuums before getting a shark navigator, which we've been using for the last decade.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 7:58 am
(I'm sure I was hugged to make me feel better that I was up in the middle of the night with my baby. Thank you!)

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 03 2022, 8:57 am
HY told me to get the Shark Navigator a few years ago, and it's been great! I did eventually also get a roomba (when my cleaning lady quit on me a few months ago....I had no help for 6 months and have back trouble since COVID) and having both is amazing, but for a standup vacuum cleaner (and I also have steps) the Navigator's been great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry