Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Looking for an engaging Jewish novel
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 2:51 pm
Aviva vs the dybbuk by Mari Lowe. I couldn't put it down.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 6:16 pm
OK so I've been fighting posting this but even though its not a standard Jewish novel, it's very Jewish and its very wonderful and I just have to mention it!

The new Lynda Cohen Loigman book is called "The Matchmaker's Gift". I am loving it!

You're welcome 😊

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:22 pm
amother Orange wrote:
OK so I've been fighting posting this but even though its not a standard Jewish novel, it's very Jewish and its very wonderful and I just have to mention it!

The new Lynda Cohen Loigman book is called "The Matchmaker's Gift". I am loving it!

You're welcome 😊

Is it clean? Bad language?

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:34 pm
Don't know how - or if you can quote multiples -so to respond.

Yes, they were originally published as serials - three separate stories with a rotating cast of main characters - The epilogue was added for the novel.

The serials names were "Facets", "More or Less" and "Outside Chance"

For the poster waiting for my next one - Menucha Publishers will IyH be publishing my collection of short stories around Pesach.

Not exactly a novel - but I'm really excited for it. Because even people who've read my serials, I doubt they've read all my short stories (and there are many unpublished ones included).

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:51 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
"Deception" by libby lazewnick followed by "The last Lie"

I second this! I had to read The Last Lie immediately after finishing Deception. They were great, very engrossing and engaging, but nothing overly heavy.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:52 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:

Yes, they were originally published as serials - three separate stories with a rotating cast of main characters - The epilogue was added for the novel.

For the poster waiting for my next one - Menucha Publishers will IyH be publishing my collection of short stories around Pesach.

Not exactly a novel - but I'm really excited for it. Because even people who've read my serials, I doubt they've read all my short stories (and there are many unpublished ones included).

thanks so much for explaining it, that makes so much sense, it was bothering me that I didn't recognize the title Wink

CPenzias

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:40 pm
The matzah ball jean Meltzer

mommyhood

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:54 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:

Excited for the short stories! Were the published ones all in family first or also other publications.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 12:58 am
CPenzias wrote:

It wasn’t so super kosher if I recall correctly - bothered me a little the fact that some things were super frum cultural references and other things were not

Playing with matches - suri rosen - mainstream YA, but frum author , clean and frum story line

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 1:43 am
amother Orange wrote:

You're welcome 😊

Just borrowed it from the library a couple of days ago. Saving for Sukkos.
Her previous books were good (nothing inappropriate iirc), Jewish themed but not frum. Very well written.

I also recently read a bio of Sydney Taylor of All of a Kind Family fame. Yes, she grew up in an Orthodox home. But don't read this book if you don't want to be disillusioned as to what things were REALLY like in that family. Very depressing tbh though she had fond memories of religious stuff. But oy, dysfunction. Especially her parents. ESPECIALLY her grandparents:(

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:17 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Is it clean? Bad language?

Honestly can't remember so I'm hoping none!

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:18 am
CPenzias wrote:

I read that Smile

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 4:35 am
Would not call that a Jewish novel -does not sound like what the ops looking for

mazelandbracha

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 9:28 pm
Bump for Pesach!

Any suggestions?

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 9:32 pm
CPenzias wrote:
Quote:
I looked at the description... looks a bit interesting. Not for Shabbos though : )
Is it clean?

CPenzias

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 9:35 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
CPenzias wrote:
Quote:
I looked at the description... looks a bit interesting. Not for Shabbos though : )
Is it clean?

Yes. It is fairly clean. Maybe a kiss but that's pretty much it.

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 9:45 pm
I'm checking the bookstore sites, there don't seem to be many new adult novels. Can we hope new ones will be listed in the next week?

happy7

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 10:48 pm
Lemons in the fog
https://www.amazon.com/Lemons-.....57971

mommyhood

Post Sat, Mar 18 2023, 10:55 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
I'm checking the bookstore sites, there don't seem to be many new adult novels. Can we hope new ones will be listed in the next week?

Was just saying the same thing today, I saw Follow Me advertised but I read it as a serial and I’d love something new for me.

ruchelbuckle

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 4:00 pm
Did Esther Kurtz's book of short stories come out (like mentioned earlier on this thread?)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room