Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Does anyone have the rice pilaf in oven recipe?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 11:45 am
I remember seeing a rice pilaf recipe that can be made in the oven.
Does anyone have it?

Maybe chantzy posted it? Thanks

accountantmommy

Post Tue, Oct 04 2022, 12:09 pm
Dont know if this is the exact one you wanted but this is what I make:

Throw 2 sauteed onion cubes, 1 can drained and rinsed mushrooms, 2 cups of rice, 3 and 1/4 cups of water, 1/4 cup oil, chicken flavor soup mix to taste (I put quite a bit) into 9x13 pan and cover. Cook for 1 hr 15 min. Can switch up with diced bell peppers or no veggies at all even.

SoGrateful

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 10:54 am
accountantmommy wrote:
Dont know if this is the exact one you wanted but this is what I make:

Throw 2 sauteed onion cubes, 1 can drained and rinsed mushrooms, 2 cups of rice, 3 and 1/4 cups of water, 1/4 cup oil, chicken flavor soup mix to taste (I put quite a bit) into 9x13 pan and cover. Cook for 1 hr 15 min. Can switch up with diced bell peppers or no veggies at all even.

Thank you so much for this recipe. We’re zoche somehow to visit EY for the summer and I’m making Shabbos in an oven we’ve kashered in disposable foil pans (bekelah) I’ve tried other recipes this is the first one to work. The timing and temp, measurements, just perfect. Other recipes required a stir 45min into cooking as well as less water. Your recipe I put in, took it out 1hr 15 later and it’s perfect.

Hope others try your recipe. It’s yummy and all my kids tasted it l’kavod Shabbos and love it!
Hope you have a beautiful Shabbos.

I didn’t have veggies I added 2 teaspoons of chicken flavor soup mix and the flavor was light.
How much do you put?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen