Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
How was your fast?? Tell me all about it!
1  2  Next

kiti

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 7:49 pm
I was SO bored! I davened and slept. My teffilos felt heard. Also, I wasn't hungry but REALLY thirsty.

Tell me how your YK went Very Happy

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 7:56 pm
Still fasting... My husband isn't home yet. I'm so upset. In a few minutes I will just make my own havdallah. Being stuck at home with 2 toddlers was NOT easy.
I was also "bored" a lot. I didn't have energy to play with the kids all day but I did pretty well.
Now I'm exhausted and I feel empty. I NEED to drink and eat something.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 7:57 pm
I took care of the kids and read all magazines from the last 3 months I was behind.

I fasted well b”h. Around 4-5 o’clock I got restless but once I pushed through that I was fine.
I fasted out because it was motzei. I was okay with continuing.

nnmom

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 8:01 pm
I made Havdala for myself. I felt not great but not sick but idk how long dh will be. Is that bad? I thought it was fine to do it for yourself

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 8:02 pm
I slept through most of it and davened with my own words if the kids were sleeping. Other than that I took care of the kids.
But I did cry earlier knowing that I will miss the shofar blowing AGAIN, that part was always so intense to me.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 8:03 pm
Incredibly difficult. Pregnant with 2 young children. I felt very ill but bh my kids were very well behaved so that helped.

amother
White

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 8:16 pm
Still fasting waiting for hubby to come home to make havdalah and the shul that he davend is quite a far walk from my house. But I fast well and if I'd be weak I wouldn't wait.

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 8:25 pm
B"h went way better than I expected after having an awful Tisha Baav fast.
I was not hungry at all. I usually have short bouts of extreme hunger a couple of times but this time I did not. I have no idea why it was different.
Having a toddler though gave me zero time for myself. I'm not used to this. My child before is 12.
I was able to daven the 2 times I introduced a new toy.
I was looking forward to catching up on some reading but that didn't happen.
I really need some me time now.

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 8:27 pm
My baby is 5. Was finaly able to be in shul for all Tfillos. Was emotional forme and found myself crying for many of the different parts especially אבינו מלכנו and at the end. My head is exploding now. Major migraine.

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 8:28 pm
Hoping these contractions die down. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and did shiurim of liquid all day but it wasn't enough and contractions started an hour before the fast ended and I really hope they stop because I really don't want to go to the ER for fluids tonight

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 8:33 pm
Please ask your LOR, but I was told that anyone can drink water (including men) before havdalla, after the zman, and that a woman can even eat before her DH comes home.

dena613

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 8:40 pm
I've also heard you can drink water.

You can also make havdallah.

Gut kvittel!

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:11 pm
I was very weak throughout the day. I feel blessed I have little ones, so was home with my kids. I was on the couch all day drifting in & out of naps, trying to say as much as I was able to, but felt numb emotionally. Couldn't cry...
Hopefully Hashem will fulfill my needs and wishes Regardless, out of mercy for us.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:18 pm
I went to shul shachris.

Was home the rest, with a first time faster and some younger ones, including an infant fully breastfed, except for some challah teething, so to speak.

DH was home about 20 min after zman buy then Ifelt like collapsing.

ate some almonds, watermelon, water with a bit of juice.

now still felling like I need to vomit.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:20 pm
BH gorgeous. Felt great but started to feel light Braxton Hicks at some point. Went to shul both evenings. A gut yar everyone!!

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:25 pm
I tried sleeping but downstairs neighbor kept on knocking on my door every hr if she can hear havdalah from dh. Her husband davens by a rebbe and comes home very late. It's not an issue but I'm highly pregnant and had no energy to get up and answer the door. Her kids screamed through the door "can we hear havdalah from your father". I was so agitated and mad trying to take care of 2 toddlers. If you're that neighbor reading this know better for next year and come ask me by the zman! You really think hearing havadalah is an issue??

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:27 pm
Much better than anticipated. 16 weeks pregnant. I slept and rested a lot and really took it easy.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:34 pm
I don’t think it’s a problem to make your own havdala.

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:08 pm
31 weeks pregnant. Never had such an awful fast. Did shiurim of water starting last night. Woke up 5:40 this morning extremely nauseous. Was very weak throughout the day. Now I’m trying to keep down everything I ate tonight and feel faint. Hashem should bless my husband and mother for taking care of my 3 kids while I was in bed all day.

erm

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:22 pm
Its over!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur