Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
???Chicken patties recipe (no gluten or sugar/sweeters)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:03 pm
Hi

I'm looking for a good healthy recipe for ground chicken patties. No flour (gluten) and no sugar or sweeteners

Also would love a recipe for healthy vegetable patties.

Or can be a chicken with veg patty in one.

Any ideas?

Thanks Very Happy

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:22 pm
Aporox. 1 lb ground chicken
1 small onion, grated (I've subbed this with onion powder in a pinch but the fresh grated onion makes it juicier)
1 egg
Salt, pepper and paprika to taste

Fry or grill on grill pan

amother
Green

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:44 pm
No exact recipe but I put kasha or ground flaxseed in place of breadcrumbs in my chicken patties.
I never heard of sugar being added.
I put eggs, sautéed onions, crushed garlic, salt & pepper and seltzer. Usually also a little oil as I don’t fry. (I “fry” in the Betty Crocker on a parchment paper and bit of oil spray to avoid sticking)

Also I’ve done random shredded vegetables- sweet potato, potato, carrot, zucchini- some or all depending on what I had and how much I wanted to sneak in veggies for the kids.

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:47 pm
I like them best with an egg, 1 boiled and mashed potato, and sautéed onion. It’s more work but worth it. Sometimes also a dash of coconut aminos.

tweety1

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 9:49 pm
My kids favorite: 1 1/2 raw grated potato to 1 pack dark ground chicken, salt. Fry or cook in betty crocker. It's delicious!

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Oct 05 2022, 10:06 pm
amother Green wrote:
No exact recipe but I put kasha or ground flaxseed in place of breadcrumbs in my chicken patties.
I put eggs, sautéed onions, crushed garlic, salt & pepper and seltzer. Usually also a little oil as I don’t fry. (I “fry” in the Betty Crocker on a parchment paper and bit of oil spray to avoid sticking)

Also I’ve done random shredded vegetables- sweet potato, potato, carrot, zucchini- some or all depending on what I had and how much I wanted to sneak in veggies for the kids.

I add xzylitol (instead of real sugar ) It sure adds depth of flavour. Just a very small amount.
A cooked and mashed potato will help to bind the patties instead of matzh meal or breadcrumbs. I add 2 eggs per (UK) packet. I believe in the US the packets are larger. I add also grated onions, salt, a teeny bit of black pepper and sometimes some freshly crushed garlic and a small sprinkling of Paprika powder. I also add just under a plastic disposable cup of water. This makes the patties as moist as can be and much more delicious. . I usually grill them on the George Foreman.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 9:05 am
What veggies go well in a chicken patty?

scintilla

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 9:13 am
amother Green wrote:

This, but I do cornflake crumbs. Zucchini, red onion and sweet potato is my favorite combination.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking