Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
What were your kabbalos?
Previous  1  2

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:15 am
Not to use my phones for sites before saying brachos in the am

Learning Shmiras Halashon and say shema from a sefer/ siddur as opposed to my phone.

Standing in one place when saying asher yatzar( last year’s but def need brushing up!)

Keeping a siddur in my room, waking up a bit earlier and saying brachos before leaving my room so that I know I started my day with tefillah

Not telling others of good deeds I’ve done for others.

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:15 am
amother Lime wrote:
I signed up for Hachzek. Have really been enjoying. Anyone else?

What’s Hachzek?

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:24 am
Bli neder
To take a moment to breathe before I react. With kids and students etc.
Sounds so small but the impact is crazy and it’s not too hard to keep throughout the year iyH.

Lol just saw my amother name!! LOL LOL LOL

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:28 am
To try to cover my hair
Keep fully shabbos

You all are so much better than me, I feel awful about the kabbalos I have to make and Heaven knows when I’ll be able to stick to it.

I wish being frum wouldn’t be so difficult for me.

TravelHearter

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:29 am
amother Gray wrote:
To try to cover my hair
Keep fully shabbos

You all are so much better than me, I feel awful about the kabbalos I have to make and Heaven knows when I’ll be able to stick to it.

He doesn’t care. He just wants to see you trying, and you clearly are. kol hakavod!

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:31 am
Not raise my voice from 6-7pm
Learn two hilchos lh a day
Call parents more
Improve my emunah/feeling Hashem in my life

Got some more great ideas from this thread, like being more careful with negel vassar and shema with kids.

Would love measurable small kabbalos to improve SB....NOT weekly date night Can't Believe It Anyone?

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 3:04 am
amother Starflower wrote:
What’s Hachzek?

It’s amazing. It’s a Mussar Yomi program. It just started and it’s basically learning mesilas yesharim on a set pace. There are so many different options for speakers to sign up to and follow along with them. You can get a free sefer and calendar by going to their website and you can also sign up to a WhatsApp group for a specific speaker. I’ve been really enjoying it and recommend to anyone looking to learn something quick and foundational every day.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 7:08 am
amother Lime wrote:
It’s amazing. It’s a Mussar Yomi program. It just started and it’s basically learning mesilas yesharim on a set pace. There are so many different options for speakers to sign up to and follow along with them. You can get a free sefer and calendar by going to their website and you can also sign up to a WhatsApp group for a specific speaker. I’ve been really enjoying it and recommend to anyone looking to learn something quick and foundational every day.

Wow I’m intrigued. Thanks for the info

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 7:09 am
amother Lime wrote:

Where can I find it?

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 8:16 am
Bein adam lamakom - to get out of bed in time to daven (and exercise) before work.

Bein adam lachaveiro - to work on noticing small problems and addressing them before they become larger -- particularly with classroom management.

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 8:21 am
Keeping quiet instead of arguing when my husband says or does something that I don’t like.
Being more present and surrendering to circumstances.

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 8:38 am
Not getting overwhelmed by the amount of things on my to do list and just start doing something one at a time.

Being more patient and present with my kids by remembering how patient and present Hashem is with me.

Trying to deal with the mess as I notice it, not when it gets borderline unmanageable.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 8:39 am
Together with my husband -

Machsom lefi during our dinnertime

Turning light off when dtd (we got lax on this)

Dreamer

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:23 pm
So many of you took on multiple things!
I have a question- how many of you kept your kabbolos from previous years?
From recent years only 1 kabbalah lasted and became a part of me- bh!

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:41 pm
Dreamer wrote:
So many of you took on multiple things!
I have a question- how many of you kept your kabbolos from previous years?
From recent years only 1 kabbalah lasted and became a part of me- bh!

I only take on one thing at a time. And it's small.

Several kaballos from when I was a teenager/single became part of my life and are now no longer struggles.

Several kaballos from when I had young children (mostly about being patient with them, greeting them with a smile when they come home from school, etc.) have had a HUGE impact on my personality.

Last year's kaballa involved davening, and B"H has been consistently almost every day.

This year has been so chaotic that I knew I couldn't take on a long-term kaballa, so I intentionally only took on something challenging for 10 yemei teshuva. I don't think it will last long term, but I do think it will have an impact on my mindfulness about the issue. ANd it was doable for 10 days -- wouldn't have been doable for a long time for me.

Dreamer

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:55 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
I only take on one thing at a time. And it's small.

Several kaballos from when I was a teenager/single became part of my life and are now no longer struggles.

Several kaballos from when I had young children (mostly about being patient with them, greeting them with a smile when they come home from school, etc.) have had a HUGE impact on my personality.

Last year's kaballa involved davening, and B"H has been consistently almost every day.

This year has been so chaotic that I knew I couldn't take on a long-term kaballa, so I intentionally only took on something challenging for 10 yemei teshuva. I don't think it will last long term, but I do think it will have an impact on my mindfulness about the issue. ANd it was doable for 10 days -- wouldn't have been doable for a long time for me.

Love this!!!
So inspirational to hear that a kabalah for R"H/Y"K has impacted your personality and stayed with you!

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 12:46 am
amother Bronze wrote:
Where can I find it?

Hachzek.com
Or Hachzek app

I’m so excited about it. I feel like I’m learning again, and can actually finish something this way

MrsDash

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 1:11 am
amother Starflower wrote:
Not to use my phones for sites before saying brachos in the am

Learning Shmiras Halashon and say shema from a sefer/ siddur as opposed to my phone.

Standing in one place when saying asher yatzar( last year’s but def need brushing up!)

Keeping a siddur in my room, waking up a bit earlier and saying brachos before leaving my room so that I know I started my day with tefillah

Not telling others of good deeds I’ve done for others.

This is absolutely beautiful. It takes a remarkable person to refrain from bragging about their good deeds. Not that one doesn't have the right to brag, but to keep it inside, feeling content without any bells and whistles, are powerful indicators that show the true, pureness, and selflessness of this individual. You are awesome! Smile

happytobemom

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 11:02 pm
amother Gray wrote:
To try to cover my hair
Keep fully shabbos

Sounds like the kabbalos you are trying to keep are extra difficult - we are judged only by how we try, and from where we are coming from.
The fact that others have simpler kabbalos to make does not necessarily make them better - it could be they are coming from a very different place, you may actually be climbing much higher.
You sound amazing, the fact that it is hard but you are trying is so precious to Hashem!

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 11:05 pm
To say modeh ani in bed
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur