Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What is the best floor cleaner?

nu

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 1:33 pm
My floors are “sticky” when walking on it with shoes or slippers. I’ve tried steam mops, spray mops and various cleaning solutions.
Any good floor cleaners that get rid of that annoying sound?

Elfrida

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 1:36 pm
Are you using too much soap? I would try a few times with just water, to get rid of any build up.

nu

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 1:39 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Are you using too much soap? I would try a few times with just water, to get rid of any build up.

I used the steam mop just water a few times but still sticky.

mha3484

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 1:42 pm
I have the robo mop and I use bona floor cleaner with it. My floors feel great.

lakewoodmom12

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:03 pm
I use Murphy soap for that reason. It never leaves that sticky feel.

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 2:07 pm
What is the surface of the floors since you use different cleaners and techniques for different floor materials. Wood is cleaned different than tile. You even vacuum differently for wood floors.

Last edited by Amarante on Thu, Oct 06 2022, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

m2m

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 3:13 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I have the robo mop and I use bona floor cleaner with it. My floors feel great.

What robo mop do you have ?

mha3484

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 3:19 pm
I bought this https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1 refurbished so I only spent $219.

I can walk barefoot and it feels amazing.

nu

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 4:22 pm
Amarante wrote:
What is the surface of the floors since you use different cleaners and techniques for different floor materials. Wood is cleaned different than tile. You even vacuum differently for wood floors.

Tile and hardwood

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 06 2022, 4:32 pm
nu wrote:
Tile and hardwood

With tile floors you can scrub and use water and a strong cleanser. You might have to really get on your hands and knees and scrub as well as make sure there is no residue left behind. You may well want to get the grout professionally cleaned.

Wood floors need to be cleaned with the appropriate wood cleaner and a microfiber cloth. Bona is an excellent wood cleaner. You can spot clean and immediately wipe up if there are particularly dirty spots.

Do not use Murphy's soap on wood floors as it is destructive to the finish.

Try to keep on top of the wood floors. Grit is actually the real enemy of a wood finish and so wood floors should be vacuumed frequently to get rid of the grit. Also if you have a vacuum with a carpet setting it shouldn't be used as the brushes rotating damage the wood finish.

m2m

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 8:28 am
mha3484 wrote:
I bought this https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1 refurbished so I only spent $219.

I can walk barefoot and it feels amazing.

Thank you!

motherwife

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 9:49 am
Bucket of hot hot water and teaspoon of powdered tide is the best floor cleaner for both tile and hardwood.

jflower

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 10:01 am
motherwife wrote:
Bucket of hot hot water and teaspoon of powdered tide is the best floor cleaner for both tile and hardwood.

I'm not sure tide is the best cleaner for hardwood. The guy who refinished my wood floors told me to use water only. He said that all cleaners like Mrs Murphy will damage the finish. He told me to make the mop wet (with water) and then wring the mop head out until it is almost dry. I've been doing that for years and my floors look great. Not sure how clean they are though.

I occasionally use a robot mop on the damp mopping cycle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry