Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Low fodmaps

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 5:08 pm
I've been advised to try this diet by my Dr for gi issues. I'm feeling very lost. Can anyone on the diet share sample menus and some staple recipes to help me? Or any helpful resources

leaf

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 5:20 pm
I tried this diet very briefly, and then went on vacation and gave it up. There are a lot of apps that you can use for menu ideas and info abt whether a food is low or high fodmap. most our free. There is one called the monash university fodmap which costs `$10 and from what I understand is the most accurate in terms of what is low or high fodmap.
Much hatzlacha! hope this works for you and that you are feeling better soon and can figure out what your trigger foods are.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 5:42 pm
Go to dietician.

My DC went on a low food map diet for a short time. She is slowly adding more foods to her diet and she is feeling alot better, bh

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 6:51 pm
If you want the nsng pdf, it really helped my mom. It’s not specifically fodmaps but following it often brings recovery from things unexpected.

I mean, honestly just eating real food that is minimally processed is an improvement for most people.

It’s interesting bc in nursing school while they still tout the canadas food guide, they’re clear that sugar and processed foods are the devil for health outcomes

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 7:31 pm
andrea levy wrote:
If you want the nsng pdf, it really helped my mom. It’s not specifically fodmaps but following it often brings recovery from things unexpected.

I mean, honestly just eating real food that is minimally processed is an improvement for most people.

It’s interesting bc in nursing school while they still tout the canadas food guide, they’re clear that sugar and processed foods are the devil for health outcomes

I'd appreciate the pdf please.

I find it so hard to eat healthy I don't like the taste of most healthy food just like carbs and cheese and eggs.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 16 2022, 12:56 am
amother OP wrote:
I'd appreciate the pdf please.

I find it so hard to eat healthy I don't like the taste of most healthy food just like carbs and cheese and eggs.

My tastes changed drastically once I did it. Please pmme your email. Have not figured out how to send pdf here.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 10:59 am
andrea levy wrote:
My tastes changed drastically once I did it. Please pmme your email. Have not figured out how to send pdf here.

Sent thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise